I've noticed that this place is about 10 times less politically charged that it used to be. I can't help but wonder if that is a good thing or if we are just occupying ourselves a little too much with bread and circuses.

Anyhow, I will throw this out there:

I think it's time that we kiss our allies Israel goodbye. What have they ever done for us? They've completely overreacted on this and will manage to destablize the entire middle east even further.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man....that guy scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. Come to think of it, he still does.

We used to quote that guy ad naseum in high school. He was also on the cover of Anthrax's 'Among the Living' album, which garnered additional street cred w/ us as well. Which now reminds me that I want to see both Poltergeist II and Stephen King's The Stand mini-series again.

We used to quote that guy ad naseum in high school. He was also on the cover of Anthrax's 'Among the Living' album, which garnered additional street cred w/ us as well. Which now reminds me that I want to see both Poltergeist II and Stephen King's The Stand mini-series again.

man, that old dude still freaks me out. I don't know if I could sit through Poltergeist II again.

shit, remember when his face showed up on the tequila worm?

i don't blame bush for the whole situation, although he and his cronies undeniably further destabilized the entire region. that said, the US is not doing enough to pull the leash on israel. the whole thing is a pretext by israel to grab more land and probably push the palestinians into a new homeland zone.

i suppose this destabilization and warfare is the domino theory in reverse.

Guest ScottHoward
Just because we condemn Israel's merciless killing of innocent Lebanon peoples doesn't make us anti-semetic. It makes us humanists.

What you call "humanism", I call rampant anti-Semetism.

Let's just tone it down a little bit, ok?

Edited by ScottHoward

Didnt Israel give some land up? Wasnt Lebanon going to patrol the border for protection? Hasnt there been two UN resolutions to try and help this situation?

Get used to it people, Israel has been up against terror for quite some time. I think they are acting just the way they should.

Oh, and hasnt there been a couple of cease fires in the past? Where did that get the Israeli people? Why do so many countries hate the Jews?.......Jealousy? Envy?

As Chris Rock once said, "But can you whip MY ass?" In this case "MY" is Israel.

I understand that Israel is our ally, but I can't help but think this is a bad move on their behalf. I know similar situations have happened before and were eventually resolved, but as years pass the weapons that countries have in their possession are more powerful and inflict dramatically more damage than before. I don't know what kind of resolution will come, but it surely needs to. And if/when Israel sets up a buffer zone, who's to say that it won't just provoke constant fighting between them and Lebanon. Like I said, Israel is our ally, but if they shake the pot up so much that Iran and Syria become involved we are in deep shit. And for what? More war?

192642683_915cc8eda3_o.jpg

192642681_c4903905bd_o.jpg

Get used to it people, Israel has been up against terror for quite some time. I think they are acting just the way they should.

yeah, i don't think having children writing on missiles and bombs is an appropriate response. this is ultra-nationalism acting on the kidnapping of two soldiers as a pretext for war. remember the maine? archduke franz ferdinand? these things are manufactured excuses to carry out policy missives.

I am not siding with Israel or Hezbollah on this one.....it's all a big f'in mess. However, for Israel to bomb the f**k out of Beirut is an ill conceived plan of action. It has been suggested that by bombing in infrastructure and making life very hard for the Lebanese they will force the hand of Hezbollah and push them out. However, by doing this, do you think the people of Lebanon will say, "Israeli warplanes blew up my house and killed my mother.....get out Hezbollah!" or "Israeli warplanes blew up my house and killed my mother.....I am going to join Hezbollah!" ?? I think I know which scenario is more likely.

The US response is pathetic and disgusting. The neglect of even a small attempt to put this fire out before it spreads is inexcusable. Of course this administration would like to see Hezbollah destroyed, and they only had to finance it (through the massive military aid Israel receives from the US) and not fight it.

I believe that both sides in this matter are to be criticized and this whole thing is just turning into more of a clusterfuck mess as each day passes.....

What saddens me the most is that both Israeli and Lebanese civilians are bearing the brunt of this. They have no power or authority and their lives are being torn apart. Can you imagine going home one afternoon and packing up your family to go live in a bunker or else you will likely die? I think about this constantly, and my heart aches for the people caught up in this who just want to feed their families and live their lives while men in positions of power play war games from a safe distance.

yeah, i don't think having children writing on missiles and bombs is an appropriate response. this is ultra-nationalism acting on the kidnapping of two soldiers as a pretext for war. remember the maine? archduke franz ferdinand? these things are manufactured excuses to carry out policy missives.

good point.

and wow....those photos make me so sad.

I also wonder about how US/Saudi relations will hold......the Saudis are trying to get the US to intervene and the US has basically said no.

--

It has also been suggested that much of Hezbollah is funded by Iran and that this sure is taking a lot of heat off of Iran and their nuclear program.....when's the last time we heard anything about that?? Or was that just a big scare to get us to hate them too? *shrug*