I am always surprised at the confusion over why the US is so supportive of Isreal. Not to oversimplify, but bottom line to me; there are millions of extremely rich & powerful jews living in the United States.

and they control the media

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am always surprised at the confusion over why the US is so supportive of Isreal. Not to oversimplify, but bottom line to me; there are millions of extremely rich & powerful jews living in the United States.

Americans have always liked an underdog story, and while Israel may not seem like underdogs now, they definitely were back in the day. The committment and bravery of the Jewish freedom fighters in the days of Israel's War for Independence can't be overstated. Israel has consistently fought off every attempt by Arab nations, usually attempting in concert and even launching a sneak attack on Judaism's holiest day, to destroy it. (Americans also hate losers, and militarily, the Arabs have been losers. The last thing they won, I think, was beating the Ottoman Empire in World War I.) And the fact that we've put more than a trillion dollars into that country over the years is a tribute to the idealism that lies at the foundation of Americans' idea of themselves. If we were practically minded in the least, we would have sold Israel down the river by now in favor of cheaper oil, but we won't do it, because of the Holocaust. And I think the majority of Americans can relate better to Jews than Muslims; Muslims are largely perceived as being very intense people who hate America and want to kill us all. Until that perception changes, I think America will very solidly be in Israel's camp.

Blame Truman. He could have sided with the Arabs in the Middle East, who were opposed to Israel's foundation. But no, he sided with Israel.

That's why this shithole is the way it is today.

Give 'em hell, Harry.

dewey_defeats_truman1.jpg

You should grab a beer with Mel Gibson - he has a few interesting things to say about this. :cheers

well, what Israel did today by bombing civilians, killing 37 children out of the 50 civilians killed, this is going too far. the Prime Minister was asked by the US to use restraint for more talks to begin, then they do this. it's way out of hand and Israel is taking it beyond anything acceptable.

well, what Israel did today by bombing civilians, killing 37 children out of the 50 civilians killed, this is going too far. the Prime Minister was asked by the US to use restraint for more talks to begin, then they do this. it's way out of hand and Israel is taking it beyond anything acceptable.

The reasons why the U.S. stands behind the Israelis have been well discussed here but this is just too much.

Amazing to think a country that's about the size of the state I live in has the world's only true Superpower in its' hip pocket :no

Israel is bombing the fuck out of Lebanon and it appears to be more and more indiscriminate. it's way out of hand.

I have no patience left for the fucking Israeli government. They're bloodthirsty fuckheads.

Maybe they were becoming jealous of the tourism dollars that Lebanon was bringing in, and they decided they didn't want the competition. Why bomb Beirut? Why destroy infrastructure? When this shit is over, I hope someone sends Ehud Olmert one hell of a bill.

I have no patience left for the fucking Israeli government. They're bloodthirsty fuckheads.

Maybe they were becoming jealous of the tourism dollars that Lebanon was bringing in, and they decided they didn't want the competition. Why bomb Beirut? Why destroy infrastructure? When this shit is over, I hope someone sends Ehud Olmert one hell of a bill.

Like we did in Iraq, Israel is training a whole new generation of innocent children to grow up and perpetuate the hate that the entire middle east region has for them.