Junk Car Black Lung Trailer Park Camp

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dicky Barrett used to be a DJ here in LA for a little while on "Indie" 103. They claimed to be indie, but when he went against a few corportate directives they canned his ass. That show was the only listenable thing on the radio here, so I'm purely a CD-in-the-car kind of guy now. Only Bosstones I've ever heard is "The Impression That I Get."

He's a really nice guy, actually. However, I saw another youtube clip of him doing like 5 seconds of that tune w/ Jimmy Kimmel's house band on his Superbowl show from Detroit...it was awful and he looked awful. I have no clue what they're up to.

BTW, they have a lot of other great tunes.

:bee

I just sprayed Raid on my computer and ran screaming from desk like a wee girl.*

*Ok, no I didn't. But I am about to eat a Nutter Butter peanut-shaped cookie.

I thought A Jacknife to a Swan had a few decent moments on it, but you're probably right. :hmm

That was definitely an improvement on the album right before it. Which was a turd.

P.S. When I was 19, I bought a hat (old school boston braves) just like the one Nate used to wear. "FANBOY".

That was definitely an improvement on the album right before it. Which was a turd.

P.S. When I was 19, I bought a hat (old school boston braves) just like the one Nate used to wear. "FANBOY".

I agree and holy balls...had the same hat for the same reason. I feel dirty and may need to take bath in tomato sauce.

Can anyone see a thread that I started about a half hour ago? It says 0 views.... :hmm

Wondering if it is a database issue or if you all just hate me :lol

A friend of mine was in the Bosstones for a spell, when they were riding the Impression wave. He played organ on Conan and SNL, and toured a bit with them.

Just sayin.

Why did your friend make Nate Albert quit the band?

:hmm They are completely unrelated posts.

As far as you know, but it strikes me as a little more than a coincidence.

Sir S, that is pretty boss...that was at the height of their dalliance w/ mainstream popularity. Probably got to see some cool shit.

Sir S,

I think it was you who posted about Findafont.com. If it was, thanks, you saved my ass around midnight last night on a freelance job.

:cheers

Time to Dance!

:dance :dance :dance :w00t :dance :dance :dance

Time to Drink!

:beer

Only Bosstones I've ever heard is "The Impression That I Get."

I really enjoy their song "Helluva Hat"