As many of you know, my younger brother Anthony was killed last November in a car crash. He was 18 years old.

At the time many of you sent many wonderful letters to me and my family, and many of you also donated money to help my parents purchase a training horse in my brother's honor. He loved riding horses, and our family felt that investing in a living creature that would be used to teach others how to ride would be a perfect tribute.

After many months of searching (and several deals that fell through), my parents finally settled on a horse. He is named Anthony's Apple. As promised, I've posted a picture below. (In blue is my mother, in red is my wife, and the phantom arms belong to my stepfather. The waving rider is my daughter Kael, who just turned two last month and is enjoying her very first ride.)

Deepest thanks to all of you who expressed such warm compassion to me and my family when we needed it. None of us have forgotten how special this community is. :wub

Eric

Resized-2006-1.jpg

A fine tribute indeed.

I am so glad you posted this.....it has brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing this beautiful news and the photo.....

Much love to you and your family!!

:wub

What she said.....Your brother must have been truly an outstanding person. :)

-Robert.

Deepest thanks to all of you who expressed such warm compassion to me and my family when we needed it. None of us have forgotten how special this community is. :wub

Eric

The reason this community is so wonderful is primarily because of people like you Eric & your family :thumbup

A truly special tribute...and my warmest regards to all in the Beltman clan :yes

thanks for posting this. I think about your brother from time to time even though I never met him. I was with a friend this past week who also lost her brother way too young in an auto accident. There is no way to get over this.

LouieB