Timberlake hopes Idol winner's not GAY!

Timberlake Not Impressed by 'Idol' Hicks

Aug 17, 6:15 PM (ET)

(AP) Justin Timberlake holds up his award after winning the burp contest at the Kids' Choice Awards, in...

Full Image

NEW YORK (AP) - Justin Timberlake backtracked from criticism of "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks after telling Fashion Rocks magazine the 29-year-old soul singer "can't carry a tune in a bucket."

"I have a strange relationship with that show," Timberlake tells the magazine in an interview. "I despise it, and yet I'm completely fascinated."

"The guy who won - people think he looks so normal, and he's so sweet, and he's so earnest, but he can't carry a tune in a bucket. Do you realize how much pressure it is to put on somebody all of a sudden?"

Timberlake, a member of boy band 'N Sync who is now pursuing a solo career, also said: "If he has any skeletons whatsoever; if, God forbid, he's gay, and all these people in Mississippi who voted for him are like, 'Oh, my God, I voted for a queer!' It's just too much pressure."

Liz Morentin, a representative for Hicks' record label, RCA, declined to comment Thursday.

Ken Sunshine, Timberlake's representative, said the 25-year-old singer's comments "were taken completely out of context."

"He has tremendous affection for Taylor Hicks' success," Sunshine told The Associated Press on Thursday. "He would never say anything that personal about somebody he's never met. He only wishes him the best."

Timberlake's second solo album, "FutureSex/LoveSounds," is set for release Sept. 12. "Sexyback," his first single from the CD, began playing on U.S. radio outlets last month.

"I wanted (the album) to look to a time when everything was really sexy," he says. "Maybe everybody was coked up, but who cares? It was hot. It was all about sex."

NEW YORK (AP) - Justin Timberlake backtracked from criticism of "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks after telling Fashion Rocks magazine the 29-year-old soul singer "can't carry a tune in a bucket."

If he's 29 then that poor bastard must have had a hard life so far, he looks more like he's approaching his 50s.

taylor-hicks.jpg

Oh, but the idea of a single called "Sexyback" sounds amazing. I've never heard him, but I'll look out for this one for sure.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought Hicks was releasing "Sexyback" not Justin Timberlake, now I've lost the interest in it.

Justin Timberlake = douchebag.

I can't believe I'm going to defend Justin Timberlake, but that comment didn't seem at all to me like he was anti-gay, he was just saying that since Hicks has been thrust into the spotlight so quickly he hopes the guy is ready for whatever dirt might be uncovered. I think the Mississippi comment was just an unfortunate stereotype that if Southerners that voted for Hicks found out he was gay there would be some kind of uproar.

I can't believe I'm going to defend Justin Timberlake, but that comment didn't seem at all to me like he was anti-gay, he was just saying that since Hicks has been thrust into the spotlight so quickly he hopes the guy is ready for whatever dirt might be uncovered. I think the Mississippi comment was just an unfortunate stereotype that if Southerners that voted for Hicks found out he was gay there would be some kind of uproar.

I was thinking about pointing out the same thing, glad you beat me too it.

And the "can't carry a tune in a bag" comment -- what was the meaning hidden in that?

I just don't get what a huge star like Timberlake stands to gain by bashing a Taylor Hicks. Does he feel threatened somehow? I've done my share of Hicks bashing, but then, I'm a nobody.

And the "can't carry a tune in a bag" comment -- what was the meaning hidden in that?

I just don't get what a huge star like Timberlake stands to gain by bashing a Taylor Hicks. Does he feel threatened somehow? I've done my share of Hicks bashing, but then, I'm a nobody.

I think what he meant was he can't carry a tune around in a bag because he only ever carries a purse.

136737123.jpg

Although it's rumoured that Justin Timberlake can't carry a tune around in a bum-bag (or fanny-pack, whatever you silly Americans call them - either way, there's an innuendo there!).

He was probably all coked up and it just slipped out :stunned

Edited by jhc

Seemed more of a slam at rednecks than at gays. I've never seen the show but I recognize that guy from the Ford commercial. No wonder Ford's in financial trouble. For Justin that was being controversial to sell his new disc. Weak ass controversy.

I really posted to complement Tug on his sig/pic. Great movie. One of my all time favorites. B)

I think he's alluding to all the shit that's going on with Clay Aiken's (ex)fans. I've heard that some groups are trying to sue him, because they feel he tricked them.

he looks like a weird cross between george clooney and the kid from American Pie who did it with the pie.

...and yet, without any of the handsome features of either man.

(Actually, I think Jason Biggs is kinda ugly, but I'm a guy, so what do I know.)

Special Edition DVD comes out Tuesday.

w702034a.jpg

God Bless Billy Wilder!

I never realised how much Billy Wilder looked like the backwards-speaking dwarf from 'Twin Peaks' without his glasses on ;)

Awesome filmmaker though - Comedies, thrillers, dramas, war films - the guy did it all better than anyone else.