Now playing 21st Aug 2006

Lupe Fiasco- Food and Liquor

It's pretty damn good.

Seriously. It's good at the beginning, but it just gets better. The last few songs are unbelievably good. One of the best hip hop debuts since Illmatic? Maybe.

LupeFiascoFood&Liquor.jpg

Pretty sure thats the cover. Sucks, but the music's good.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The house we're renting has no Wilco!!!!

So I put on John Coltrane, Anthology, which was nice, for a while. Then a little Dylan, Blood on the Tracks, which I haven't heard in a long time. Nice, too. But still, not fully satisfying. So I went to the ipod, put on headphones, and cranked AM.

:music

Seriously. It's good at the beginning, but it just gets better. The last few songs are unbelievably good. One of the best hip hop debuts since Illmatic? Maybe.

Pretty sure thats the cover. Sucks, but the music's good.

I cant find this anywhere. Anyway you can hook me up please?

h44136o0dkv.jpg

Oh c'mon, i'm only three tracks in and the title track just rips shit up. They're channeling all the best parts of Parliament, Prince and adding their own angry twist to it. I'm getting chills like I did when I first heard Public Enemy. Granted, i'd agree that it may not be their best work...but it's still incredible.

sorry dude, like i said, it's better than the last one for sure, but still just didn't do enough for me to where i'm going to buy it (last one i bought was actually the live record)

No worries here man. S'all good. BTW, had trouble DL'ing that Cyne...it's put me into a weird loop of asking for an account and then still not giving it up when I put one in. In lieu, i listened to clips on iTunes and it sounds freaking great...do you use rapidshare? :brow

i can try rapidshare

crazy that it's on iTunes, didn't know that

re: The Roots, i'll give it another fair shake, i wasn't much in the mood for it a couple months back.

Awesome, as i'm extremely interested...they sound like they have a nice flow and that's some serious groove going on under the rhymes.

re: The Roots, word up. hey, if you like it, you like it and if you don't, you don't. i'm taking it to dinner and asking it to marry me.