Waht is our country coming to?

thanks for posting that. i have six foreign flags hanging in my classroom as well as two different american flags. good thing i'm not in colorado apparently. this situatation is fucked at best and horribly stupid and scary at worst.

There's a link to an update at the bottom of the page. Apparently, he gets to go back, but has to rotate the flags he uses, so as not to be displaying foreign flags "permanently." Still seems like a bit of a ridiculous statute, but I think it's a reasonable compromise by the school district...

If it were just Colorado that had all this insanity swirlign about it, then yes. But we have the Arkansas Bus thing, Evolution in Kansas (Being cleaned up buy the voters) and many other seemingly irrational events occuring all over the place now.

I too think this is ridiculous (the guy should be able to wallpaper the classroom with flags if it's somehow related to his teachings, etc.), but just to play "devil's advocate," isn't the argument going to be raised that students don't need to look at a flag to figure out the location, topography or borders of a country?

There's a link to an update at the bottom of the page. Apparently, he gets to go back, but has to rotate the flags he uses, so as not to be displaying foreign flags "permanently." Still seems like a bit of a ridiculous statute, but I think it's a reasonable compromise by the school district...

Yeah, seems like a reasonable compromise ... but I hope the teacher continues his fight to get that stupid law struck down.

What a bunch of wussy administrators at that school. "We have no discretion when it comes to following the law." Even stupid-assed laws that serve no purpose? They should have backed that teacher.

What a bunch of wussy administrators at that school. "We have no discretion when it comes to following the law." Even stupid-assed laws that serve no purpose? They should have backed that teacher.

Absolutely. That was weak.

Dude, spanish and asian chicks..

My pants just turned into a circus.

Me two!

Absolutely. That was weak.

I didn't realize that, in Colorado, school administrators are part of the legislative branch. ;)

I didn't realize that, in Colorado, school administrators are part of the legislative branch. ;)

Nobody can stand against bullshit laws? Damn.

If they had any kind of foresight, they'd have realized backing the teacher would have been the best move.