today was such a beautiful, cool day here in chicago... i even saw a few trees turning! i know we've got 3 weeks until the equinox but i can't wait.

ah, kris and i will be spending a looong weekend in maine this october...

42482205.MaineFoliage2.jpg

and in september, the great pumpkin patch! (btw- any good hikes or other fun things to do in south central IL?)

buggy.jpg

pumpkintree04.jpg

anyone else preparing for the season?

Wow...

down here it's the other way around. I wish I could post some pics but there are some things happening in the garden which let us know that spring is close to arriving: tiny lizards scurrying around the steps as we walk up to the front door, buds emerging on our citrus tree. It's like the whole place has been asleep and is just starting to rub its eyes awake...

Fritz in Sydney

I am growing an insane amount of facial hair for my Rasputin costume. Only two months until Halloween!

it did not seem cool here at all to me....just felt warm, muggy, rainy and icky.....however, it is nice and cool now.

Autumn is my favorite, favorite time of year. It is such a relief after the oppressive summer.......hot cider, candles, pumpkins, halloween, apple crisp, Thanksgiving, hoodie sweatshirts, throw blankets, crisp air and cool breezes, sleeping with the windows open and an extra comforter.......ahhhh bliss.

Oh yeah, and the world series!! I love watching baseball when it's cold outside!!

he's a friend of mine

He might still be alive. That fucker was hard to kill.

I am growing an insane amount of facial hair for my Rasputin costume. Only two months until Halloween!

And this is how it's going so far!

P8280015.jpg

Im with you Alison! it could stay October all year and I'd be delighted. Saw many little flares of red and orange leaves and heavily laden apple trees travelling thru PA, MD, NY, WV this weekend. :rock

That should be VERY impressive by Halloween Dan!

Thanks. Need to work a bit on the crazy look, though.

Wow...

down here it's the other way around. I wish I could post some pics but there are some things happening in the garden which let us know that spring is close to arriving: tiny lizards scurrying around the steps as we walk up to the front door, buds emerging on our citrus tree. It's like the whole place has been asleep and is just starting to rub its eyes awake...

Fritz in Sydney

same down here..

weather's warming up into the 20's this week as well.. blue skies - spring is here :dancing

I think I post this in Alison's Up With Autumn thread every year. :lol

What I miss most about Poughkeepsie:

quad2.JPG

It is one thousand broiling degrees here, and the autumn tree pictures in this thread are making me feel much better.