this week's events:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, to be fair, I did graduate with an English major, but I have no authoritae here at work to consult as to the proper pronunciation of "ction."

I was actually poking fun (or trying to) of the fact that there seem to be very few hard and fast rules of English grammar and/or pronunciation anymore, as they have become viewed as racist, or sexist, or some kind of "ist."

"Everything I do is blown out of proportion," said [Paris] Hilton, not known for shying away from publicity. "It really hurts my feelings."

Life has been so unfair to poor ms. hilton and her privates. :ermm

If you're talking about Iowa City, don't let that hold you back. I love that town. Yeah, it's a bit out of the way, but it's a good place. Not too far from Chicago when you need an escape ... and Gabe's Oasis brings in some pretty good bands.

gabe's is closed now. :no

So I walk into our apartment to pick up a passage and the leasing agent was on the phone.

LA: (in hushed tones) I've got to go, there's a guest here

LA: Hormel...

LA: Hormel...

LA: Hormel Chili

what was the leasing agent doing in your apartment?

My brother has had Chows for 20 years,and swears by 'em....beautiful dogs...they can occaisionally be tempermental,tho

My uncle was killed by a chow (his dog, in fact). :(

Also, there's a band called Ssion, which makes more sense than 'ction.' Sorry, ction.

Actually, it's reopened as the Picador...I think with the same people running it, basically they just renovated from what I hear though I haven't been back yet.

the whole charm of gabe's is that it was a shit hole. renovation shmenovation.

man, that idiot white trash neighboar dad has parked both vans in front of our house for tomorrow's street cleaning. what kind of maniac is that obsessed with parking? am I supposed to be insulted?