The Birth of A Ghost is Born

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have the 9-2-2002 Bumbershoot Festival or the 9-6-2002 show from the Warfield in San Fransisco. I am curious to hear the Spiders from either of these shows to see if they are any different from the early versions of it from the spring 2002 dates or if it sounds like the 10-14-2002 boot.

Any opinions on the pre-drone Less Than You Think or the pre-windmill I'm a Wheel?

--Mike

I love the 9-9-02 John Anson Ford version of that (Los Angeles). They opened with it, and Jeff sang the whole thing totally lost in the song, eyes closed.....it was gorgeous.

I love the 9-9-02 John Anson Ford version of that (Los Angeles). They opened with it, and Jeff sang the whole thing totally lost in the song, eyes closed.....it was gorgeous.

very good version. I think I have this close by, I could probably send it to you, Mike, if you need/want it.

Hey Mike....

You have my list......let me know if I can help with this..... :)

-Robert.

Thanks a lot, if I need anything I'll let you know. I did some work on Wilcobase this morning and I am thinking this is probably be going to be a four disc set with about 70-75 different tracks from Wilco, Tweedy, and Minus 5 shows. Basically anything they played between 2002-2003 that wasn't realeased or was being realeased (in the case of Loose Fur, Down With Wilco and the More Like The Moon EP) is going on. I'll try to include all variations of the Ghost songs from the Wilco shows and a Tweedy solo performance of each.

--Mike

same here mike.. i'll send you my list too. remind if you dont get it on the weekend

Thanks a lot, I'll send you an e-mail sometime within the next couple of days.

Oh by the way anyone have a particular favorite of Handshake Drugs or Muzzle of Bees from that period. I know I am going to have to include the 9-19-2003 version of Handshake as it's the first time Nels played with the band and I'll have the soundstage version from earlier that year as well.

Thanks for the recommendation of the 6-28-2003 show, that's a great one. The Not For The Season with O'Rourke is particularly kicking, that would have been a hell of a first show to see.

--Mike

Edited by mpolak21

*sigh*

So did you actually have a project in mind which you planned to make and then share with other Wilco fans here at VC? Or were you just taking a potshot at mpolak?

Perhaps you were making some joke which is evading my normally dependable sense of humor?

*sigh*

So did you actually have a project in mind which you planned to make and then share with other Wilco fans here at VC? Or were you just taking a potshot at mpolak?

Perhaps you were making some joke which is evading my normally dependable sense of humor?

I don't have enough shows to do it yet but I have anouther great project idea.A 7 disk Tweedy solo acoustic box set.

All the song in order solo acoustic that he has played.

1. AM

2. Being There

3. Mermaid Avenue

4. SummerTeath

5. YHF

6. ABIB

7. Other songs, covers, other projects, new stuff, etc.

I'd like a chunck of Tweedy too, but maybe just for an appetizer. :monkey

Well now kidsmoke feels stupid, a not-uncommon occurrence for her. :blush Big apologies to you, run_run_run! I totally did not see your earlier post where you detailed the actual solo Tweedy set you'd like to make (a terrific idea by the way). I misread your later post as a jab at mpolak. I guess it comes of frequently needing to break up little VC squabbles. Again, :blush .....and if you ever get your project going, I've got some great solo dates to offer for your use.

jhc, thank you for clarifying the fog surrounding kidsmoke's brain.... :cheekkiss

I had the idea for while and wanted to share it. Was not trying to take a shot on anyone, I like the birth of AGIB idea.

Seriously, please do put this set together! I'll even make cover art for it if you like. And when you're ready to put it together, let me know & I'll send my trade list for you to look over for songs you might want to include. B)

Seriously, please do put this set together! I'll even make cover art for it if you like. And when you're ready to put it together, let me know & I'll send my trade list for you to look over for songs you might want to include. B)

i'm sending him a bunch of the ealier solo shows from 1994-98 but if anyone wants to help him out with other ones, it should make a good one :rock

i'm sending him a bunch of the ealier solo shows from 1994-98 but if anyone wants to help him out with other ones, it should make a good one :rock

I'll try to help out as well after I get stuff for this project set up.

--Mike

Edited by mpolak21
Well now kidsmoke feels stupid, a not-uncommon occurrence for her. :blush Big apologies to you, run_run_run! I totally did not see your earlier post where you detailed the actual solo Tweedy set you'd like to make (a terrific idea by the way). I misread your later post as a jab at mpolak. I guess it comes of frequently needing to break up little VC squabbles. Again, :blush .....and if you ever get your project going, I've got some great solo dates to offer for your use.

jhc, thank you for clarifying the fog surrounding kidsmoke's brain.... :cheekkiss

The plan now is to get froggies stuff, go threw it, get more stuff for AM and being there, seed and then go on to Summerteath.

Mike, a toast to your ambitious endeavor!!! :cheers

I was doing some housecleaning to that wonderful 9/20/03 Auditorium Theatre show on Saturday. My wife and I were discussing the differences in the early live version of Handshake Drugs vs. the album version. Your project is destined for greatness.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone wondering this is still going on and being compiled and I am pulling off the stuff from my collection that I need for it. I also need to contact a couple of people about picking some shows up, but I am still thinking I can get this done by November. It's looking like the weekend I have off for fall break in October when I was planning to put this together is going to be pretty much booked, so it's going to probably be until the middle of November before it's finished and hopefully it will be up on the tracker after/if I get the sound mastered.

--Mike