The Birth of A Ghost is Born

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a version of Spiders from Pittsburgh.

I was at that show, my first, so that show will be represented. There are about four or five different variations of the pre-Kraut Rock Spiders that I'd like to include, one of my favorites is from a set they did in October of 2002 at the 9:30 club in D.C, which actually features Leroy on acoustic guitar. I am glad to see there's some interest in this. I am hoping to start compiling all I have over the next few weeks, and I'll post some mp3's here as samples.

--Mike

I am a big fan of the live compilation of the 2004 A Ghost is Born tour and the ART set does an excellent job covering everything up to the official release date of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. So this set would focus on Wilco/Tweedy/Loose Fur/Minus 5 shows from the 2002-2003 era. The final tracks could be from the 5/19 and 5/20/2004 Otto

I don't have enough shows to do it yet but I have anouther great project idea.A 7 disk Tweedy solo acoustic box set.

All the song in order solo acoustic that he has played.

1. AM

2. Being There

3. Mermaid Avenue

4. SummerTeath

5. YHF

6. ABIB

7. Other songs, covers, other projects, new stuff, etc.

I don't have enough shows to do it yet but I have anouther great project idea.A 7 disk Tweedy solo acoustic box set.

All the song in order solo acoustic that he has played.

1. AM

2. Being There

3. Mermaid Avenue

4. SummerTeath

5. YHF

6. ABIB

7. Other songs, covers, other projects, new stuff, etc.

now there's a good one :yes

it would be way more than 7 disks though counting wilco, tupelo, loose fur, golden smog and various covers

Great idea, Mike. It's funny you bring this up today, because I listened to the 6-28-03 Philly show today for the first time and its instantly become one of my favorite shows. I especially loved the early Muzzle of Bees and Spiders from that set (ALTWYS hasn't really changed much). Definitely one of the sickest Laminated Kats that day as well. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help with this. If you need the 6-28-03 show, let me know and I'll throw it in with the Lolla discs.

Edited by parisisstale
Great idea, Mike. It's funny you bring this up today, because I listened to the 6-28-03 Philly show today for the first time and its instantly become one of my favorite shows. I especially loved the early Muzzle of Bees and Spiders from that set (ALTWYS hasn't really changed much). Kinda off topic, sick Laminated Kat that day as well. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help with this. If you need the 6-28-03 show, let me know and I'll throw it in with the Lolla discs.

I have that one in my collection, but I am not sure if it's the Soundboard copy that's on the tracker, I'll have to check it out. ATLWYS has stayed pretty similar though in the Spring 2003 shows it was a little longer and there are some unbelieveably good versions of it with the Minus 5 with Jessie Green on violin. It sounds like Fairport Convention.

--Mike

Yeah Mike.......

You might be on to something here.....

The sound check version of "Wishful Thinking" circa 1999......would be good.

The arena rock version of "Spiders" from Schendachy(sic) NY 4-21-01 is excellent as well.

-Robert.

Yeah there are about three or four different variations that I've heard of Spiders in the shows I have from the period. There is the earliest version which I find more Eno then arena rock, by late 2002 they actually had Leroy playing acoustic guitar on it, and then they changed the intro up a bit for the summer/fall shows in 2003. I'd like to feature every version of it and one of the early Tweedy acoustic versions. That Wishful Thinking is defiently going on it as well.

--Mike

Edited by mpolak21

Does anyone have the 9-2-2002 Bumbershoot Festival or the 9-6-2002 show from the Warfield in San Fransisco. I am curious to hear the Spiders from either of these shows to see if they are any different from the early versions of it from the spring 2002 dates or if it sounds like the 10-14-2002 boot.

Any opinions on the pre-drone Less Than You Think or the pre-windmill I'm a Wheel?

--Mike