Hummingbird Tongues

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?

We had Indian food and then went to see Hollywoodland, which was pretty good. Affleck can act when he puts his legs into it.

"we?" did we have a date this evening?

oops. i should read the whole thread before chiming in as 12 hours later.

Edited by lrigwoc

I got up at 6:00 this and wonder if I should lay back down. probably not since I have to shower, call about taking a bike tire for repair and possibly take it before going into the city for acupuncture.

What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?

heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss are all natural parts of life. Guns and watching violence are not.

I have now banned the playing of video games in my house because my son doesnt have the good sense not to let his baby watch them Stupid stupid stupid. :realmad

I have now banned the playing of video games in my house because my son doesnt have the good sense not to let his baby watch them Stupid stupid stupid. :realmad

perhaps you should bend him over your knee and give him a good spanking.

no, that'd just be weird.

Dunkin Donuts has a great product, but locally it really falls down in the delivery process. This morning, when I really needed it a good cuppa joe, I got a cup of hazelnut flavorered barf inducer. Last night, I stopped for a decaf and the donut bitches ignored me at the window because they wanted to go home. Imagine. Couple weeks ago I asked for an iced in my refill cup and got a scalded tongue when I took a swig.

Im just practicing my irritability. This patch itches like a muthajumpa.

no, that'd just be weird.

Dunkin Donuts has a great product, but locally it really falls down in the delivery process. This morning, when I really needed it a good cuppa joe, I got a cup of hazelnut flavorered barf inducer. Last night, I stopped for a decaf and the donut bitches ignored me at the window because they wanted to go home. Imagine. Couple weeks ago I asked for an iced in my refill cup and got a scalded tongue when I took a swig.

it will be ok soon & worth it. :cheekkiss

Take the patch off before you go to sleep at night. Crazy ass visual nightmares guarateed otherwise.

Nicotine is poison. When used as an insecticide, it carries the skull and crossbones rating.

nfpapoison.gifThe skull and crossbones is used to denote a poison or highly toxic material.

Take the patch off before you go to sleep at night. Crazy ass visual nightmares guarateed otherwise.

something to look fwd to! I have crazy epic dreams all the time anyway.

Crazy assed epic dreams=totally awsome, Crazy assed visual nightmares=teh awful. I love having crazy dreams, but when I was a kid I'd always have this dream when I was getting sick that was a bunch of people shouting really loudly and then I was floating down this line of sand in the dark, and it suddenly bunched up and I fell, and then I would wake up and be sick...I would get it, every time.

:wub

The girl I like in my hall has a nickname for me, and I think you guys will find it pretty funny. I am CW, short for Christopher Wilco, because the first time we met I was wearing my Wilco shirt, and that's all she could remember besides my name from that night.

And in case you guys didn't hear, there's some pretty amazing weight losing going on in a thread. CHECK IT OUT.

Why don't we do it in the road?

No one will be watching us.

Also doing it in the road would be rather uncomfortable, and if a car did happen to pass you could be in for some serious trouble.

And to think, all these years I just thought it was a rhetorical question.

I think it's a pretty serious question, actually.

It has been freakishly hot here today, well into the 90s. Extremely windy. Big cold front stormage tonight. :yay

The dog just got a bath, because there is nothing finer than green horseshit to roll in when you can find it.

Homemade pizza w/fresh mozzerella tonight. Hiking makes a girl mighty hungry.