Im a a big Wilco fan and was wondering what would be a good uncle tupelo album to start off with. i like acuff-rose, wait up , and gun. if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Personally I lean towards Still Feel Gone, or Anodyne as favorites.

If you like more rootsy-folk stuff go for March 16-20. No Depression is good as well, so really you can't go wrong, and the reissues are pretty sweet, what with all the liner notes and stuff.

If I had to choose one, I'd say Still Feel Gone, but you'll probably get a different answer out of everyone.

Im a a big Wilco fan and was wondering what would be a good uncle tupelo album to start off with. i like acuff-rose, wait up , and gun. if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

those tunes are on 3 different albums. maybe get the anthology first. then you can decide which sound you like the most

if you like the acoustic stuff, go for march 16-20. if you want the most wilco sounding album, go for anodyne

I'd say the best starting place would be Anodyne. Then work backwards - though, all their records are great.

I think everyone I know has a different favorite of theirs. My ranking is:

March 16-20, 1992

Anodyne

No Depression

Still Feel Gone

But all of their records are great. I would say Anodyne is the best place to start of their proper albums.

I think Anodyne is the best....which got me thinking.....how many groups (artists) have their last Album as their best....I can't think of any that I would consider. Maybe Nirvana (unplugged), Beatles (Abbey Road, last actauly recorded not released).

Edited by suites

Anodyne is awesome.

Still Feel gone and No Depression are all about this-- :rock

which is really great

and March is good too.

So, um, I would say def. get the best of thing first, and then get which ever album has the most songs on it you liked.