Pieholden Suite

This song has grown on me so much over the years. It's really great.

One thing that bothers me...those horns on the Summerteeth version are definetely some JB Keyboards. Maybe I'm being picky, but real horns would sound a lot better, IMO.

The recent solo-versions of this song are rad too.

In fact, I've never heard a bad version of it.

Summerteeth is funny, in that when it came out, I really liked the first half of the album, and was so-so on the 2nd half, and now it's kind of flipped for me. That 2nd half has the growers. (Also - While I think it's a little sub-par, "In A Future Age" (along with "Someday, Some Morning, Somtime (musically)) points to where Wilco went next, which is sort of interesting, at least to me...).

--nt--

PS - I guess this is my first post. I thought I'd posted before, but when I tried, I discovered I hadn't.

This song has grown on me so much over the years. It's really great.

One thing that bothers me...those horns on the Summerteeth version are definetely some JB Keyboards. Maybe I'm being picky, but real horns would sound a lot better, IMO.

I took a look at the liner notes and there is a real trumpet in there, but yeah, I think they (or at least Jay) was definitely going for the Mellotron horns effect.

Nice song. I like the rehearsal version from IATBYH.

The studio version is nice too.

The closing instrumental (horns) on the studio version has a little Burt Bachurach sound to it.

I'd like to see it on the next "Best of Dionne Warwick & Burt Bachurach"

Seriously, Pieholden Suite and More Like The Moon are two of Tweedy's finest.

(IMO)

Indeed.

I also think the sequence from Pieholden through Loneliness to Via Chicago is sublime and if I could only take 3 tracks to a desert island, it would be these.