let's be friends!!1

• 3 years later...

I always thought VC should have a You Are MYspace or You Are My Facebook section.

While I come here to chat on certain topics and read setlists and news on Wilco, I'm not sure how many people I would think to add. Or I guess a better idea would be: who.

It would seem like a plot to get people's friends list to grow. :stunned

Edit: Somewhere in there is a good joke about Larry David's idea on anonymity.

• 2 weeks later...

I know! Facebook was total weirdness for me: "seriously, that's your name?" :lol

That's a big part of the reason I use my usual VC avatar as my picture over there. I friended Lauren (Speed Racer), and she said she only knew it was me from the picture.

Guest Speed Racer

Except for just a few folks, everyone here is user names and avatars to me. I know that is a pretty obvious/banal observation, but cripes!!

I try to make it a game! I check out VCers I'm friends with, see other people on their friend's list that seem to be VCers (based on wall posts or familiar-y names or the resemblence to photos posted here over the years), and try to guess who they are based on our mutual Facebook friends (i.e., guess who they run with over here). Still have no idea to Colin in DC is.