as lame as some people may find this thread, I am looking for sturdy first hand accounts. I just applied to my first REAL post college job recently and not thinking the reaction time so quickly have already been called for a phone interview. I'm a regular weed smoker, 2 or 3 times a week (this summer living with my parents has reduced its frequency at large rate) and at a concert unthinkingly I smoked last weekend and put my resume in monday.

i recieved a phone interview (today) thursday early evening (4:30 PM) my resume is getting passed on to the person in charge of hiring. so I don't think i'll be called about an interview till monday or tuesday. which i'm sure I can push back the actual interview to thursday or firday hopefully with a drug test to follow after that. Which would leave me with about 2 weeks THC free.

I'm assuming its a urine test. And i was just looking for first hand accounts here of products or methods people used that actually worked. because i'm already a dumbass and I don't wanna screw this up anymore it's quite important.....

any help would be tremendous.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't smoke anymore and never had to cheat a drug test anyway, but here's what I've gathered over time.

I believe that a week can be enough to pass a test, as long as you've honestly smoked very little recently (except for the concert), and especially if you're not going for a high-level, high-security job.

My advice would be to just drink A LOT of water in the 24 hours

Guest ScottHoward

Water. Water. Water.

That Golden Seal stuff is supposed to work, I believe. I would just drink tons of water, go to GNC get some stuf f that'll flush out your system and run every day.

Oh, and drink a lot of water.

You'll be fine. You have to smoke a lot of weed to fail a urine test.

"The Wizzinator!"

This is probably a little late in the game,but a really good source of information is this:

"Steal This Urine Test" (Fighting Drug Hysteria in America),Abbie Hoffman w/ Jonathan Silvers,1987,Penguin Books.Only 250 pages,so it can be done quick.Very funny & valuable info.

Hope this helps. :thumbup

Shit like Golden Seal is just a mask,doesn't look good on test result,usaly ending up in a reschedule of the test.A every day smoker will take about two weeks,you on the otherhand are fine in 4 or 5 days.Just don't water down your piss before you go,that kind of looks bad,just stay hydrated and your fine!

I passed a drug test by bringing a snap lid asprin bottle full of a friends (fresh out of rehab) pee that i heated on the defroster of my car for the ride and then sat on it like an egg keeping it warm while i waited my turn.

It was stressful and would just lay off if I was subject to such these days but at the time, I got taken by suprise.

It did work though, just sayin.

my x was in the military and he smoked the entire time, and was drug tested often. He was never busted, and used the goldenseal. i could not help but wonder though, whether they were just SAYING they were testing but they were really just trying to scare the reservists into not smoking...

The Azo pill is a pill to help you from burning when you have a urinary tract infection, it will turn you urine a real dark orange, it also stains contacts. I would not recommend taking this unless you have a UTI, I have never heard about people taking it for a drug screening.

I passed a drug test by bringing a snap lid asprin bottle full of a friends (fresh out of rehab) pee that i heated on the defroster of my car for the ride and then sat on it like an egg keeping it warm while i waited my turn.

It was stressful and would just lay off if I was subject to such these days but at the time, I got taken by suprise.

It did work though, just sayin.

True story: I peed for my cousin once and he put it in a Elmer's glue bottle and attached a tube to it. Then he put it in his shoe and ran the tube up his leg. Then he walked on crutches to his test. Of course if he didn't pass his test he was probably going to go to jail.

True story: I peed for my cousin once and he put it in a Elmer's glue bottle and attached a tube to it. Then he put it in his shoe and ran the tube up his leg. Then he walked on crutches to his test. Of course if he didn't pass his test he was probably going to go to jail.

True story: The test I passed above was round #2. Round #1 went haywire when 1st off, the guy i got pee from told me afterward that he "only had 1 beer" just prior to filling one of those red plastic bottles that came with a record dust cleaner set, and secondly, I went to the wrong place. There are apparently several labs around the Newark Airport area (lots of drunk & high pilots in the area) and although the lab couldn't find my companies account, they let me leave "my sample" anyway. :stunned

A week or so after, my company was like, "hey, you didn't go to your drug test" so I had to go a second time which as mentioned above, worked out fine. The second place actually had taken the hot water handles of the faucets so you couldn't re-heat which was what i did at the 1st place.

All for a crappy job I quit afer about a year.

The best thing you can do right now is drink lots of water and exercise a ton. The more you sweat and the more hydrated you keep youself the better. Also, the less body fat you have, the quicker you will test clean as THC clings onto and stores in body fat.

Also, on top of speaking with your local head shop, I would also suggest going down to your local GNC/Vitamin store and speak with them. Be honest in that you are taking a drug test and that you want something that is not going to be found as a mask when you test. Goldenseal is tested for but there are other products such as pills and powder that you take the day of the test, hours before and test clean.

Good luck.

I turned down a job once because of a drug test. There's no reason on God's green Earth that copy editors need to take drug tests.

I turned down a job once because of a drug test. There's no reason on God's green Earth that copy editors need to take drug tests.

i lost a newspaper job because of a drug test. They said the job was mine pending drug test results and then they woudn't answer any of my calls. Wacky, since i never did any drugs!

i lost a newspaper job because of a drug test. They said the job was mine pending drug test results and then they woudn't answer any of my calls. Wacky, since i never did any drugs!

That was the Lord intervening so you wouldn't have to work at that newspaper.

Clearly they only wanted people who did drugs.

This is my thought process as well: why work for a place that gives a rat's ass if you smoke weed in your personal/non-work time? I'd look for another employer. But maybe you really want the gig, in which case you'll probably want to stop certain personal-time activities to comply with their wishes. It's weighing the balance, I suppose.

To answer your question, though....I don't know. I thought weed stayed in the system for up to 3 weeks. I'm not sure drinking water flushes it out.