Sunrise in my backyard this morning

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the list of amazing and superbly random things on Madison public access TV we can add the current program, which seems to be called "Underground Perspective Curb Music." It's a homemade music chat show featuring a rapper in a Milwaukee Bucks warmup jacket, rambling about how he's got a 9-to-5 and a brother gotta do what a brother gotta do, referring to himself as the Midwest Monster, and now showing a selection of rap videos completely unedited.

Words cannot express how much I love our public access. I hope they'll show the half-hour silent "meat on the grill" program again soon.

she's pregnant. i do have one hot prof. i wouldn't mind hooking up with. :unsure

as long as you're out there making things happen, that's all I need to know. i just spent 75 minutes on a conference call w/ people who I only understand about 3/4 of what they say and i'm ready for bed. peace.

To the list of amazing and superbly random things on Madison public access TV we can add the current program, which seems to be called "Underground Perspective Curb Music." It's a homemade music chat show featuring a rapper in a Milwaukee Bucks warmup jacket, rambling about how he's got a 9-to-5 and a brother gotta do what a brother gotta do, referring to himself as the Midwest Monster, and now showing a selection of rap videos completely unedited.

You really have to tape that for me or get me his #.

The Midwest Monster gave way to a "Truth T.V." segment with a local white DJ urging us to demand receipts this November 7th. And now we are watching a political activism documentary featuring, so far, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Ben Harper, and Noam Chomsky.

Everyone went to the Trick Daddy concert, but me. I'm "working" on a paper that is due tomorrow, which actually means I'm eating and Wendy's and trying not to open the freezer and drink the vodka alone, because, well, thats just sad.

rwrkb, stick to the freshman and don't get involved with academics. They are all nuts!

:stunned

thanks for the advice. what about on the email/lunch thing? the full situation is i can't ask her in class 'cause i'm the t.a. and i'd get in trouble, so i'm looking for alternate routes

The truth is, in what many would refer to as "the good ole days" (way before my time) authority figures in the university could abuse and misuse their students without fear or much concern. Now sexual relations of any kind between an instructor and students are seriousily monitored and I'm sure there are all kinds of policies in place that could get you in big, big trouble. Is she worth it? Perhaps flirtatious innuendo until the end of the term and the grades are turned in is the best way to go?

Words cannot express how much I love our public access. I hope they'll show the half-hour silent "meat on the grill" program again soon.

we have talked about "crackers," haven't we?

The truth is, in what many would refer to as "the good ole days" (way before my time) authority figures in the university could abuse and misuse their students without fear or much concern. Now sexual relations of any kind between an instructor and students are seriousily monitored and I'm sure there are all kinds of policies in place that could get you in big, big trouble. Is she worth it? Perhaps flirtatious innuendo until the end of the term and the grades are turned in is the best way to go?

the worst that could happen to me is that i lose my t.a.-ship... but even that probably wouldn't happen, it would just be "frowned" upon... i guess that's the difference between me still being a student rather than a professor. but she seems like she is less crazy than most women i get involved with which is a positive sign... i think

the worst that could happen to me is that i lose my t.a.-ship... but even that probably wouldn't happen, it would just be "frowned" upon... i guess that's the difference between me still being a student rather than a professor. but she seems like she is less crazy than most women i get involved with which is a positive sign... i think

I'm sure I missed this, but what department are you in? Just curious....I'm guessing either Psych or Poli Sci, or maybe Econ.