Sunrise in my backyard this morning

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe CBS has been neutered. I just read that they abandoned the racial segregation theme after only two episodes on the new Survivor. Can someone confirm this?

My point is that if they were going to address racial issues, they should have just done it, and let the public react as they will. But it appears now that this was nothing more than an ad campaign, and they didn't have the balls to show what they advertised.

I'm not saying the segregation idea was a good one to begin with, but either do it and see it through, or just leave it on the pitching floor.

My friends in Portland fuckin' rock.

awesome-prezzies.jpg

Aquemeni is a good album. My new reporter, who I am totally crushing upon, went to Reed College.

I am never for any reason ever stepping into the state of Colorado. It's just not safe there. They need UN peacekeeping troops or something.

I believe CBS has been neutered. I just read that they abandoned the racial segregation theme after only two episodes on the new Survivor. Can someone confirm this?

My point is that if they were going to address racial issues, they should have just done it, and let the public react as they will. But it appears now that this was nothing more than an ad campaign, and they didn't have the balls to show what they advertised.

I'm not saying the segregation idea was a good one to begin with, but either do it and see it through, or just leave it on the pitching floor.

They redistributed people into new tribes. I think it will still be interesting (as interesting as Survivor can be, anyway) to see if alliances remain divided based on ethnic lines, or if new alliances start to emerge.

The whole thing was filmed months ago anyway, so it's not like public reaction to "Survivor - Race War" stuff had an impact.

it's true.

They redistributed people into new tribes. I think it will still be interesting (as interesting as Survivor can be, anyway) to see if alliances remain divided based on ethnic lines, or if new alliances start to emerge.

The whole thing was filmed months ago anyway, so it's not like public reaction to "Survivor - Race War" stuff had an impact.

I realize it was filmed awhile back, but doesn't that even further suggest the possibility that the network's political correctness police did not like the direction the competition was taking, and therfore tinkered with the format?

And it certainly supports the accusation that they advertised a racially-segregated show, knowing it would only last through two episodes.

I realize it was filmed awhile back, but doesn't that even further suggest the possibility that the network's political correctness police did not like the direction the competition was taking, and therfore tinkered with the format?

And it certainly supports the accusation that they advertised a racially-segregated show, knowing it would only last through two episodes.

Do you watch the show? I do, kinda (I can never remember what happened 10 minutes after the show is over)...and don't recall there being any real racially charged drama on the first two episodes. If you watch it, you may have some examples I can;t think of. If anything, perhaps the producers went to plan B earlier than expected because it was boring. Or they could have planned to shake things up at that time all along.

Regarding your second point...that supports the accusation that CBS deliberately tried to make the show seems more edgy/exciting/whatever than it really was. Which is usually the case with promo clips.