Sunrise in my backyard this morning

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camping in the Adirondacks was fun, babies!

Last night, hanging out at my well-built architectural campfire:

viatroy: You really are a cowgirl, aren't you, Christine?

The rain stayed away until past bed time, then was lovely poetry all night. I learned new NY creative tarp tying techniques.

Mr. Mike's in Lake Placid for lunch. Mussels for me, (again).

:yawn

Glad to hear you all did not freeze to death or were harassed by wildlife. I'm sorry I missed the poetry reading.

Glad to hear you all did not freeze to death or were harassed by wildlife. I'm sorry I missed the poetry reading.

We actually did see a sqiushed baby black bear on the side of the road, and Tracy managed to avoid hitting an adrenaline junkie deer, ("Hey Bambi, wanna go run across the road when cars are coming?")", but we were unmolested during our sleep.

The poetry was composed and recited by the night rain.

Edit: this is M. Chris

This is actually me, VT, and I'd just like to say that for someone as seemingly knowledgeable about the great outdoors as gsteinb, he was of absolutely no help in setting up camp. :brow Good thing Ranger Bud befriended us.

I'll be damned. There are only two kinds of beans (kidney, garbanzo) in my "three-bean" salad.

Our dorm is having a gold fish contest to see whose can survive longest. I named my goldfish Friedrich after Nietzsche, and I think he is silently judging me. I have him on my desk at eye level, and he's staring at me. I don't think this relationship is going to work out if he continues mocking and judging me. I do not trust him.

God is dead, Friedrich, and I fear soon you will be too.

To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence.
--Nietzsche Edited by rwrkb
uberox

john-entwistle.jpg

:rock :pirate