Sunrise in my backyard this morning

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else ever pondered this strange connect: did Daniel Lanois listen to the guitar tone of the opening riff of the Faces' "Love Lives Here" on the same day he received as a birthday present an effects rack complete with analog delay and gargantuan reverb (and a nice tremolo pedal)?

I'm not sure I care for the production style of him, Don Was, or Kevin Shirley - but that is a great song.

The truth is, in what many would refer to as "the good ole days" (way before my time) authority figures in the university could abuse and misuse their students without fear or much concern. Now sexual relations of any kind between an instructor and students are seriousily monitored and I'm sure there are all kinds of policies in place that could get you in big, big trouble. Is she worth it? Perhaps flirtatious innuendo until the end of the term and the grades are turned in is the best way to go?

You're kidding right? I know many professors who are married to students.

I had a teacher in high school who went on to divorce his teacher wife and marry at least two of his students. I think he's on #4 now.

Dear Caliber,

Kobra Kai, Cobra Commander, Nag and Nagaina--what do the storytellers of the world have against Cobras?

Your friend,

Hiss Efit

I had Nagaina once. Some Pepcid knocked it right out. You should look into it. I guess what I'm saying is, cobras are mean motherfuckers and they'll take out your leg even if they know they'll be disqualified. They just don't give a fuck.

Sincerely,

MC Cagey B

quandary: a state of perplexity or uncertainty, esp. as to what to do; dilemma.

Seriously, kid. Can you cut back on the emo crap and stop feeling so sorry for yourself? I'm trying to eat breakfast here. If you like the girl, ask her out (by email if you have to). If not, don't.

Seriously, kid. Can you cut back on the emo crap and stop feeling so sorry for yourself? I'm trying to eat breakfast here. If you like the girl, ask her out (by email if you have to). If not, don't.

:rotfl Excellent.

I had a teacher in high school who went on to divorce his teacher wife and marry at least two of his students. I think he's on #4 now.

when are you headed to the campsite?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a haircut today.

Seriously, kid. Can you cut back on the emo crap and stop feeling so sorry for yourself? I'm trying to eat breakfast here. If you want a haircut, get one (from a creepy redneck whose favorite word is "boss" if you have to). If not, don't.

What I've learned on VC this week:

1. If I give money to Greenpeace at a show I will be locked up by Bush and Cheney for supporting a terrorist group.

2. Shooting a schoolfull of kids and having it caught on tape then having it broadcast is equivalent to dying in and accident, having it caught on video and having it broadcast.

Anybody here watch the show Deal or No Deal?

1. How in the hell do they find 26 gorgeous women and get them into one room without the universe imploding?

2. They breed these chicks in captivity right, I mean I've never seen them wandering around in the wild.

Anybody here watch the show Deal or No Deal?

1. How in the hell do they find 26 gorgeous women and get them into one room without the universe imploding?

2. They breed these chicks in captivity right, I mean I've never seen them wandering around in the wild.

I try not to do anything that's going to make Howie Mandel even richer.

Is it possible that this whole mess with Bush is simply a problem of accent or dialect?

Could it be that all this time he has been asking for our support for a war against "Terra" (does he hate land, for instance)? And could there actually be a "new-kew-ler" weapon, the likes of which make conventional nuclear weapons look like spitballs by comparison?

Just trying to work towards a solution folks.

They are converting the local Embers into a Hooters, I'm totally stoked.

I try not to do anything that's going to make Howie Mandel even richer.

Why do you hate the Jews?