c4 eng-land

Dear All,

well using coco-popps and cups of tea i managed to stay awake :blink for what looks like a promo for the sunken treasure dvd and it looks brilliant! So lovley to see Jeff sing sunken treasure and the ambient shots between where like watching a national geographic magazine come to life! I think the suspense has increased 10 fold for the dvd now

Half an hour cut down version of the DVD. Don't know what showing that now means - maybe it won't get a proper release over here.

Audio

Abyss/Insightful banter

Sunken Treasure

Shot in the Arm

One By One (I know what 7 Down is Jeff if you're still stuck)

War On War

Acuff Rose

California Stars

So, I suppose they took as much of the performances that they could squeeze into half an hour. No idea if there are any JT interviews etc on the actual DVD - no conversation in this apart from the banter. War on War was fun, but Nels' lap guitar work I found a bit grating (which I never thought I'd ever say) - just something a bit off key about it. If I had come to this without ever having seen JT, I don't think it would have the same effect that some of the performances in IATTBYH did. Fortunately the only 'whooping' was during Sunken Treasure. If you ask me, anyone in a racoon hat should be barred.

Truth is - I'm still not sure about this, and will probably get a good kicking here for saying that. I think the main problem is it is not the one solo show I have seen, so there's a bit of a mental clash going on in my head between what I remember and want to keep remembering rather than having this override those memories to some extent. Does that make sense - I often feel the same about not wanting to look at photos I've taken - thinking that I will end up remembering just that view through the lens instead of what I really saw myself. It's probably just me then :blush. Camera work doesn't do anything for me - I have driven from Medford Oregon to San Simeon. I think it's just lazy to stick the camera out the window from time to time and fill up space on the DVD that way. I know that it's supposed to give a 'feel of being on tour', but I know what mundane is, and listen to music/watch films to avoid that. I hope there's an extras disc. If not, then I can probably live without this unless Santa is feeling generous.

P.S. I made the Froggie dedication bit up. And knowing what 7 Down is.

EDIT - I didn't record it either. I've just got a DVD player.

pre-show hanging around - crossword puzzle book :lol (I know what 7 Down is Jeff if you're still stuck)

At the Columbia show last fall, Jeff was clutching his crossword puzzle book like a talisman. When kidsmoke asked him about it, he said he loved to do crosswords because it "quieted the voices" in his head. :lol

Er, spot the mistake from Channel 4's website....

01:35 4music: Jeff Tweedy: Live in Concert

On tour with ex-Wilco front man Jeff Tweedy.

:ermm

Missed it anyhow, my mate a work just told me about it.

Why do they file away all the interesting music documentaries in the mumblin-around-midnight slot, and yet fill every second of dead air during the day with Desperate Fat Kids' Sex Club in the Sun City, or Friends' re-runs?

Missed it.

Edited by m_thomp

which 2 songs aren't going to be on the dvd? and where did you get a tracklisting for that little disc ? maybe my recording it wasn't a waste of time after all... :thumbup

which 2 songs aren't going to be on the dvd? and where did you get a tracklisting for that little disc ? maybe my recording it wasn't a waste of time after all... :thumbup
Full track listing: Sunken Treasure, Theologians, The Ruling Class, How to Fight Loneliness, Summerteeth, The Thanks I Get, I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, ELT, Shot in the Arm, In a Future Age, Laminated Cat, (Was I) In Your Dreams, Airline to Heaven, Heavy Metal Drummer, War on War, Acuff Rose.

from http://wilcoworld.net/news/index.php and/or http://stores.musictoday.com/store/dept.as...9513&sfid=2

I suppose One By One and California Stars are the two. Perhaps they don't count songs which aren't shown as in concert performances.

And thanks for spotting that and posting a few days ago :cheers