ms. yvon's craft corner

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestions, E!

b--i've been meaning to ask: from where is you "tiny anvil" quote? it's hysterical.

:lol It's from a cartoon at http://marriedtothesea.com.

just-leave-it.jpg

Go to the monthly archives pages to see them all displayed for a particular month. I had to hunt down the original cartoon from my sig, and found a couple other old favorites.

your-final-challenge.gif

iron-and-whine.gif

Say, in third grade I knew how to knit. I'll bet I could learn again!

:rotfl

yes you can! it is very much like riding the old bicycle. once you remember how to hold the needles and yarn comfortably, you will fly!

{please note: this is not an actual guarantee of flight ability. it is meant to sell one emotionally on the concept of knitting. thank you}

I have been on a VC hiatus, but had to come on and share this website with you crafties.....I am all over this project! I have yet to finish my first bear......but am on a roll. :)

Mother Bear Project

--

I saw a quick mention of Hobby Lobby - where Nat got her box.......I ran by there yesterday at lunch and it had to be one of the worst retail experiences of my life. I managed to buy the yarn and needles I was after, but will never return. I am now on the hunt for a good mom and pop knitting store nearby.

Say, in third grade I knew how to knit. I'll bet I could learn again!

I'll bet you could! My mom's been teaching the girls to knit, and Sinead is going to join the knitting club at her middle school. Of course now I wish I'd paid attention when she was trying to teach my generation...

Roisin is now taking flute lessons in school, so I'm dusting off my old flute (untouched since college, probably), to see if I've still got it. I've even found a book from my elementary school lessons, "Easy Duets for Flutes", so Ro and I can maybe work on some together. So I may be making music again, if that counts. :)

• 2 years later...

I've been using the knifty knitter looms lately. They have patterns on websites for felted bags but I havn'e made one, yet. I've been making lots of hats and scarves and a few socks with them. I'm about to start an afghan in shades of brown on the looms. The Norwegains used to make fisherman's knit sweaters with such looms but I don't have sweater patterns for them. Does anyone know where I could find sweater patterns for round looms?