ms. yvon's craft corner

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the only person who could appreciate the momentousness of this event: I made a meatloaf last night. :blink It was officially "not bad". :eat.

:blink, indeed. What was the occasion?

Does it count as a "craft" if you go to the local mall with a picture of Bucky from "American Idol," and get said picture printed on t-shirts for every member of your extended family?

When will the "So You Think You Can Dance" shirts be ready?

i've been looking for a good pattern for a felted bag and i came across this MST3K inspired bag! :love

the designer calls it "Bag of Fate" after the movie "Manos, Hands of Fate!"

BagofFate04.jpg

Unrelated to crafts, but that very well could be my favorite episode of MST3K.

i forgot a very important component of that bag's coolness: the yarn used to knit it is "manos del uruguay (sp?)" hand dyed yarn.

yes!

pneyu: I just made a grilled cheese-tomato-avocado sandwich. Does that count?

but of course!

Does it count as a "craft" if you go to the local mall with a picture of Bucky from "American Idol," and get said picture printed on t-shirts for every member of your extended family?

:rotfl

maudie--VEGGIE MEATLOAF?! you put some silk flowers and gros grain ribbon on that and you have a tasty meal AND a lovely centerpiece!

Heidi, send me dimensions for the splint cozy, Mom will have it to you by the weekend. :yes

your mom is a badass. straight up. :worship

Heidi, send me dimensions for the splint cozy, Mom will have it to you by the weekend. :yes

I think just having the name "splint cozy" is pretty much all I need in life. :D

That and a grilled cheese-tomato-avocado sandwich (especially if it's hand-dyed).

is that papier mache? I've always wanted to make a topographic globe w/papier mache.

A true Halloween fan has their Great Pumpkin avatar at-the-ready before October. :lol

I am considering making a dice tower, in the "post-Apocalyptic" mode all my household "projects" are in.

is this d&d "code"?

I made this little guy a few months ago but it is now starting to come into relevance. i also made a primitive burlap pumpkin two weekends ago.

lantern2.jpg

!! :w00t fantastic!

this can double as an easter basket!

tracy, your beads are STUNNING!! :worship

as i have now had the opportunity to see them up close and personal, i am awed by your color combos and technique. damn.

BEAD QUEEN!!

and, thank you for the package! :love

I needed a box to keep all my new perfume samples in, so I bought a plain wood box at a hobby store, lined it with florist's foam, and added some decorations...

bpalbox-outside.jpg

bpalbox-inside.jpg

Why chickens? I have no idea. :unsure

tracy, your beads are STUNNING!! :worship

as i have now had the opportunity to see them up close and personal, i am awed by your color combos and technique. damn.

BEAD QUEEN!!

and, thank you for the package! :love

Yes, they are awesome beads.

And the Bag of Fate is equally awesome. :yay

nat, the chickens are ND.

rev.cg: i have crockpot recipes for you! my sister in nebraska gave me the crockpot and TWO cookbooks full o'stuff.

most of them tend to have dried onion soup mix or campbell's cream of mushroom soup as an ingredient, tho. :lol

We have so much talent around here! Especially the meatloaf.

I have fits of craftiness every once in awhile. I currently have sitting around two lovely 5 inch square ceramic tiles that an awesome guy whose name starts with a "P" and ends with an "aul" brought me back from Portugal last year. Does anybody have any suggestions of what I could do with them? Bonus points if it involves something functional. I was thinking about incorporating them into a tabletop, but I'm really not sure I'm up to that task.

first thing that comes to mind:

beautiful coasters!

or, you could frame them and hang them.

or, you could fashion them into a nice pencil case!

b--i've been meaning to ask: from where is you "tiny anvil" quote? it's hysterical.