ms. yvon's craft corner

what's cooking in the land of home-made what-nots out there?

i've been looking for a good pattern for a felted bag and i came across this MST3K inspired bag! :love

the designer calls it "Bag of Fate" after the movie "Manos, Hands of Fate!"

BagofFate04.jpg

got me trying to think of something from the show that would work graphically on a bag. also, made me think of st. g!

in the mean time, i'm working on a pair of baby booties in rad Koigu wool

(this is a good example of the yarn knitted. the color is very close to what i'm using):

NuclearSocks_Model.jpg

and a baby cardigan in SF Giants colors.

also, have begun quilting a baby quilt that was meant to be a "baby welcome" present but will now be a "happy 3rd birthday!" gift. :blush

am also considering busting out the crock pot to get some fall cooking mojo started.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love those socks! I have a pair of socks that my mom knitted for my dad when they were dating. There is a beer mug on the side of the socks, with fuzzy yarn for the foam. :wub

Since I have so much flat art, my winter project will be buying picture frames at thrift stores for cheap and repainting them. I then take the whole shebang to Hobby Lobby and have the art matted to fit the frame. Here's one I did last winter:

IMG_1462.jpg

i have just gotten my sewing room set up and restarted the wednesday sewing event, and i am making a silk skirt with lining (which is my nemesis) and will also probably make a slew of pajamas for holiday gifties...

also, we got a good crockpot as a wedding gift so if anyone wants to post some recipes that would be grreeeat!

also, have begun quilting a baby quilt that was meant to be a "baby welcome" present but will now be a "happy 3rd birthday!" gift. :blush

I'm so pathetically non-crafty it's ridiculous, but I was thinking of asking you to knit me up an arm splint cover for after my surgery on Friday. I'm now thinking I waited WAY too late. :P

Now there leaves are falling, it's time to make one of these for the garden

For 48 years the Blue Peter kids TV show has been showing how to make do, in between looking after pets and parachuting. It's all a bit high tech now. In my day it was all old toilet rolls and cellotape. Catch-phrase: "Here's one I made earlier", as the presenter slowly got entangled in a mess of glue and crepe paper. It used to go out live, so was funny to watch the cock-ups.

And where would we be without the perennial favourite the Blue Peter advent crown:-

scrapbook1.jpg

scrapbook2.jpg

The BBC has always refused to release figures on how many families died in a flaming fireball as a result of this construction.

There are usually three presenters. Nowadays they are all hair gel and fashion accessories. In my day it was the legendary Noakes/Singleton/Purves combo, who covered the mid 60s to the mid 70s:-

Blue%20Peter%2066.jpgbpeter.jpg

(I had this book as a kid - they did an annual publication)

I'll never forget the day John Noakes dropped his trousers to reveal the bruises from his tumble on the Cresta Run. Now that's entertainment!

Valerie Singleton was so shocked she became a lesbian and was rumoured to be shacked up with Joan Armatrading (true story).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/bluepeter/

I've got a ball of ear wax shaped like a rotund Marlon Brando sitting in the lotus position that I've been working on for quite a while now.

are you gonna ebay that? :w00t

'M. Christine'

I have a pair of socks that my mom knitted ... There is a beer mug on the side of the socks, with fuzzy yarn for the foam. :wub

noted. :w00t

...buying picture frames at thrift stores for cheap and repainting them.
brilliant!! i just had a couple of posters framed, and spent MUCH time coming up with a good combo of frame/poster/matte board.
...sewing event, and i am making a silk skirt with lining (which is my nemesis)

:rotfl i've battled that bastard lining before. YOU CAN DO IT! TAKE IT DOWN TO CHINATOWN! :pirate

last spring i started knitting a pair of socks from a vintage pattern. they are terrific! they got put on the back burner when the weather turned warm and my ability to track a complex pattern waned.

i did pick up some good vintage patterns this summer! butterick and vogue have reissued some BEAUTIFUL dress patterns. i also picked some up at a yard sale next door to my apt! who knew?!

hey, rev. c-girl: i found a vintage pj pattern. capri pants, shirt with peterpan collar. you might find something rad online.

watch out for those Vintage Vogue new patterns. They will KICK YOUR ASS. The actual vintage vogue patterns are far easier to follow and frankly, make a better looking product. I made a vintage (40's) vogue dress a few years ago that had three quarter length sleeves AND elbow darts which easily were the best thing in the universe. ELBOW darts.

I love those socks! I have a pair of socks that my mom knitted for my dad when they were dating. There is a beer mug on the side of the socks, with fuzzy yarn for the foam. :wub

Since I have so much flat art, my winter project will be buying picture frames at thrift stores for cheap and repainting them. I then take the whole shebang to Hobby Lobby and have the art matted to fit the frame. Here's one I did last winter:

IMG_1462.jpg

I have that poster, but my frame is not nearly as cool as yours is.

I'm currently baking brownies.

the kind?

elbow darts!! again, brilliant!

the vintage vogue patterns i picked up aren't the very advanced patterns. all of those are for satin on the bias. while these make lovely dresses, they are not flattering to my figure. so.

I'm so pathetically non-crafty it's ridiculous, but I was thinking of asking you to knit me up an arm splint cover for after my surgery on Friday. I'm now thinking I waited WAY too late. :P

Lemons --> lemonade. You can always turn it into a commemorative arm splint cover to celebrate your triumphant vanquishing of your tendon troubles.

I just made a grilled cheese-tomato-avocado sandwich. Does that count?

I just made a grilled cheese-tomato-avocado sandwich. Does that count?

You are the only person who could appreciate the momentousness of this event: I made a meatloaf last night. :blink It was officially "not bad". :eat.

Heidi, send me dimensions for the splint cozy, Mom will have it to you by the weekend. :yes

Does it count as a "craft" if you go to the local mall with a picture of Bucky from "American Idol," and get said picture printed on t-shirts for every member of your extended family?

I haven't done that or anything, I'm just wondering if it counts . . .