Octoberquest 2006

It will take a minor miracle for the Mets to pull this out.

Being down 3-2 and going home to play the last 2 games isn't so bad...definitely no reason to give up hope. Its been an up and down series and neither team really has been able to sustain momentum, so anything can happen, and playing at home should give them a bump.

In terms of momentum, I wonder how much the rainouts in this series have kind of messed with the players' continuity. It already feels like the ALCS ended a long time ago and this one feels like it will just drag on forever.(I also wonder a bit about the Tigers' momentum while they sit around and wait all week)

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of momentum, I wonder how much the rainouts in this series have kind of messed with the players' continuity. It already feels like the ALCS ended a long time ago and this one feels like it will just drag on forever.(I also wonder a bit about the Tigers' momentum while they sit around and wait all week)

Did Tuesday's rainout actually affect anything? Wasn't Wednesday supposed to be an off day?

Did Tuesday's rainout actually affect anything? Wasn't Wednesday supposed to be an off day?

The last two teams with 6 days off between LCS and WS won in six.

edit: that's supposed to be a reply to quarter23cd, but I'm too lazy to go and fix it...

All it really did was keep Glavine and Weaver from going on 3 days' rest.

How bout Weaver? Another gem from a guy who was an absolute nightmare while in New York. (Kenny Rogers and Esteban Loiaza also come to mind from this year's playoffs.)

Playing in New York is a whole different world. I don't care what anybody says.

For the record, Jeff Weaver has been bad several places. Reclamation projects are the Cardinals' specialty. It might just be that their pitching coach is that much better than the Jankees'.

weaver was pretty good as a tiger he just never got the run support. i remember him losing a lot of games 2-0, 2-1, 1-0 and so on. as for juan encarnacion i never did care for him and when the cards played the tigers earlier this year we had seats in right field and the whole section was heckeling juan the whole time.

What does it mean to be a team player in baseball?

the player is focused on the game and not himself. for example, look at Johnny Damon. he is a class act all the way. he doesn't walk into bars in NYC and ask anyone sporting anything but Yankees schwag to remove it because he is in the house. name one good thing A-rod did for the Yankees? one. plus, the Cubs don't have the payroll. goddamnit, I do not want A-rod on my team. I will cry.

the player is focused on the game and not himself. for example, look at Johnny Damon. he is a class act all the way. he doesn't walk into bars in NYC and ask anyone sporting anything but Yankees schwag to remove it because he is in the house. name one good thing A-rod did for the Yankees? one. plus, the Cubs don't have the payroll. goddamnit, I do not want A-rod on my team. I will cry.

I really really can't stand Johnny Damon. I can't even give a good reason why.

Name one good thing A-Rod did for the Yankees? Had a few good/great seasons?

not good enough for Yankees management. whatever, I'm no expert, but I do not want him on the Cubs team. no way, no how.

How does Johnny Damon acting cool in a bar help his team win?

A-Rod was last year's American League MVP. And he fully deserved it. I would have to think that he must have played a pretty big role in getting them to the post season, eh?

he doesn't walk into bars in NYC and ask anyone sporting anything but Yankees schwag to remove it because he is in the house.

Did A-Rod really do this? Got a link?

Did A-Rod really do this? Got a link?

no, I don't have a link. but he was at some club last season where someone was wearing an Angels hat and he wanted them to take it off because he was there.

and MrRain, Johnny Damon acting cool in a bar is not the point. the point is A-rod is a self centered prick that I hate. that's the only point I'm trying to make. he received the American League MVP, but he hasn't taken that team to championship. I can tell you that every Yankee fan I speak to in my office wants him gone and will be glad when he is gone.

Because I am a glutton for punishment, I just bought a ticket to tonight's game for face. I am so nervous that my stomach hurts right now.

Keep an eye out for me folks. I am going to be screaming as loud as I can. This team needs all the help it can get.

Because I am a glutton for punishment, I just bought a ticket to tonight's game for face. I am so nervous that my stomach hurts right now.

Keep an eye out for me folks. I am going to be screaming as loud as I can. This team needs all the help it can get.

GO METS! :monkey