Top Posters In This Topic

22396.jpg

Al-Kaline---Full-swing-Photofile-Ph.jpg

1976AL.jpg

cobb.gif

HankGreenberg.jpg

horton2.jpg

KirkGibsonlo-res_101484.jpg

Great game last night. Congrats to all the Cards fans -- you guys definitely deserved to win. When Chavez made that catch I thought that the baseball gods were on our side, but alas, they were just toying with us for a change...

I'm sorry to see the season end for my team. I cant jump on any bandwagons. But I will be watching the WS and hoping for some good, exciting baseball.

Looking forward to next year.

tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers tigers

tigers

Yeah, that!

Sorry Kate, we're going to have to cease being friends for a couple of weeks :no

After the Tigers win the World Series, we'll get back in touch. :wub

j/k ;) (but not about the Tigers)

Go ... somebody. Meh. I don't care who.

I guess I'll say the Cardinals. So, you lot, in the red trim, go, fight, win. Or something.

In the meantime, I'll be attempting to enjoy the last few days of the White Sox' reign as World Series Champions. :hmm

The National League is soooooo boring. The Cardinals are there every year, and is it just me or does the NL seem completely void of anyting close to competition? Sure there was a forced game 7, but look who won. Am I wrong here? The Cardinals are an all too frequent team in the playoffs, kind of like the Yanks in the AL. Whatever happened to the Giants, or the Mariners. Diamondbacks anyone?

Rant over.

Since 2000, the following teams have made the playoffs:

NL (10)

Cards (6/2 World Series appearances)

Braves (6)

Giants (3/1WS)

Astros (3/1WS)

Diamondbacks (2/1WS)

Mets (2/1WS)

Dodgers (2)

Padres (2)

Cubs (1)

Marlins (1/1WS)

AL (9)

Yankees (7/3WS)

A's (5)

Twins (4)

Angels (3/1WS)

Red Sox (3/1WS)

Mariners (2)

White Sox (2/1WS)

Indians (1)

Tigers (1/1WS)

Looks like about the same level of competition to me, although the National League has sent more different teams to the playoffs and to the World Series over that span.

The National League is soooooo boring. The Cardinals are there every year, and is it just me or does the NL seem completely void of anyting close to competition? Sure there was a forced game 7, but look who won. Am I wrong here? The Cardinals are an all too frequent team in the playoffs, kind of like the Yanks in the AL. Whatever happened to the Giants, or the Mariners. Diamondbacks anyone?

Rant over.

Jeez man. Baseball goes in ebbs and flows. Just like in every sport -- some years one league/conference is better than the other. This year the AL was better than the NL. What is the big deal? A few years back the AL Central was the weakest division in baseball -- now it is by far the strongest. Who cares?

Completely void of anything close to competition? This series just went 7 games. It couldnt have gone any more games or been any closer. Isnt that the definition of competition? If you think the Tigers will stomp the NL representative, fine. But I dont see how that makes the NL soooooo boring. The ALCS went 4 games. Wouldn't that better evidence of a boring series or a series without competition?

This guy needs to be out there every 5 days for the Mets if they want to compete.

I dont even know how to respond to this except to disagree and say that I think the Mets, at a minimum, "competed" this year without Heilman out there every 5 days. But, thanks for filling your scripted role today.

I dont even know how to respond to this except to disagree and say that I think the Mets, at a minimum, "competed" this year without Heilman out there every 5 days. But, thanks for filling your scripted role today.

:lol

In the meantime, I'll be attempting to enjoy the last few days of the White Sox' reign as World Series Champions. :hmm

I'll be watching the DVDs.

At least I won't be watching a slide show of black and white stills.

:lol

Yeah, but since they are losing Glavine (their only consistent starter this year) and Traschel to free agency, they are going to need more starters, and instead of relegating him to the bullpen (which can usually be filled with guys from the minor leagues fairly successfully), they should put him on the mound as a starter. But hey, why think about the reasons somebody says something when you can just ignore them outright because you're mad you lost. :crybaby