The "Not" Rollcall for Cinci 10/7 Tall Stacks

Ouch. That kinda sucks. :hmm Tell them some nice people from an online message board will be your chaperone or something.

I'll be working 6 am to 4 pm in Madison, Indiana. That's a 2 hour drive from where Tall Stacks is being held. But I'll be there in time for Wilco of course.

Just got my tickets and finalized a hotel reservation today. The music line up for Saturday looks great! Poortranslator, it might help to sway your parents if you let them check out the Tall Stacks website or something. It's seems like a pretty big festival, so I'm sure the security surrounding the event and large amount of people attending will keep the 'danger' to a minimum.

poortranslator, it sucks that your parents won't let you go to Tall Stacks. I've been before, and it's plenty safe. The festival's big, as you know, and there definitely are a lot of people and security around. I hope you can change your parents' minds. Checking out the website would be a good idea for them.

That said, I'll be there too! :rock

Just got my tickets and finalized a hotel reservation today. The music line up for Saturday looks great! Poortranslator, it might help to sway your parents if you let them check out the Tall Stacks website or something. It's seems like a pretty big festival, so I'm sure the security surrounding the event and large amount of people attending will keep the 'danger' to a minimum.

They looked, and it didn't help knowing that it was South Cinci instead of North Cinci. Oh well.

so where the hell is the stage? The web site is lame in that regard. I drove around the area after court in Cincy today and couldn't tell

Anyone hitting Old Crow Medicne Show beforehand?

I might see Old Crow. I'm taking a friend of mine who hasn't heard Wilco or any of the other bands. If it's not AC/DC, Kiss, or Aerosmith, he probably hasn't heard it...

I've got tix for Louisville the next night!

Depending on when i get out of work onSat. I was going to drive to cincy and buy tix there?

It being a General Admission show and festival I assume that is possible?

Is there any chance of it selling out?

I've got tix for Louisville the next night!

Depending on when i get out of work onSat. I was going to drive to cincy and buy tix there?

It being a General Admission show and festival I assume that is possible?

Is there any chance of it selling out?

I'm going to Louisville the next night too!!!

You can buy tickets to get in at the gate. It's a 5 day general admission pass for $25, and you can't buy one day passes.

I've never heard of it selling out.

i've lived in cincinnati for 5 years (1999-2004) and yes Over The Rhine the area north of Central Parkway is a bit sketchy, at least when i was there. Of course they were trying to revitalize the area. The Central Business District, however, which is a basically a 10x10 city block area south of the CBD is a lot safer especially with Tall Stacks goin on. The city takes Tall Stacks very seriously and not only will there be security and police, but also event staff all over. If I had to wager a guess on the stage(s). I'd say the P&G pavillion in Sawyer Point.

If I weren't in Maine and in the Navy, I would definitely be there. The whole time I was in cincinnati, I was waiting for wilco to come, but they never did. Now that they're coming, I'm gone. Such my luck.

so where the hell is the stage? The web site is lame in that regard. I drove around the area after court in Cincy today and couldn't tell

Anyone hitting Old Crow Medicne Show beforehand?

Old Crow kicks ass! I saw them at the Newport Folk Festival, right before Wilco's set, 8/8/04.

just my wife and I, which is nice because the last 4 or 5 concerts I've been to have been incoherent with crowds of 10-12 boozing ahead of time

Have a great time man & watch for those deer on the way home! :thumbup