What shows you going to this month

Really? I looked around a little and didn't notice any VC'ers, at least none that I would have recognized. Where were you sitting?

We were sitting up front in the center for the openers, and then standing in the pit over on the right during Jenny's set.

:lol Those would be great band names! The real story sounds even better, though. Congrats! :cheers

:wub Thank you,I'm having a major delima in naming mt first boy.Thought about starting a thread in the TTL,but it would probably turn into the RTT!I remember the whole Name My Dog thread. ;)

If I recall, there were lots of Irish names being tossed around in the Name My Dog thread, so I'll just throw in my two cents on this one: Declan. Best Irish boy's name. Do it! :monkey

My wife loved the name Declan, but ultimately we went with Graham and Miles for our two boys.

:cheers

Thurs was Jose Gonzalez @ Vista

Tonight was Beck @ Detour Festival

10/9 Sufjan Stevens @ Wiltern

10/13 Gillian Welch, David Rawlings, Sean Watkins, Sara Watkins, Jon Brion, Greg Leitz @ Largo

10/21 Bridge School Benefit @ Shoreline Amphitheatre

10/23 Yo La Tengo @ Fonda

10/27 Jon Brion @ Largo

10/28-29 Vegoose

11/1 Jamie Lidell @ EX_PLX

11/6 California Guitar Trio @ Knit

11/8 Dan Bern @ Hotel Cafe

11/14 Explosions in the Sky @ El Rey

I have no clue about what happens in south Florida musically. What are good websites to find out about shows?

I rely on my favorites venues' websites... I don't know of any in Florida though. You can always check out the websites/tour schedules of the artists that you like, though that can be time consuming! I'm also on the mailing list for Live Nation (www.livenation.com) though they cater a bit to the more "popular" stuff.

If you can find venues in your area that promote the music you like, many of them have mailing lists as well. Good luck!