What shows you going to this month

Let me just say for a guy that 1)absolutly cannot drive in the big city, 2)Having a 2 1/2 yar old it's hard to get out and 3)probably could not afford many...I don't get out to many shows. I really wanted to go see Ryan Adams and John Fogerty both in Indy and Wilco in Laffeyette but it just didn't work out. So this month I plan on going to two...Everclear (don't hassle me. I know he's the only remaining member and I can't say I'm even a big fan, but I think it will still be a good show) and Tweedy later in the month. Both shows are in Champaign. Should be fun...

Edited by mike squires

For sure:

tomorrow - Ben Kweller

Friday - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

10/11 Hotel Cafe Tour (Cary Brothers, The Weepies, Josh Radin, Brett Dennen, Joe Purdy & Schuyler Fisk)

10/21 Lucero

10/22 Regina Spektor

10/24 Bob Dylan

Possibly:

10/13 Eliza Gilkyson

10/29 Christine Lavin

Into November:

11/09 Ben Lee

11/11 Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers

11/14 Decemberists

I :wub shows... :dancing

2)Having a 2 1/2 yar old it's hard to get out

Careers and parenthood definitely put a crimp in the concert-going, especially weeknights. But I still manage to catch a handful.

Recent shows: Jenny Lewis (just got back), M. Ward

Next up: Tweedy, Guster, MMJ

Careers and parenthood definitely put a crimp in the concert-going, especially weeknights.

Exactly why I choose neither career nor parenthood.... :lol

You guys are just pissing me off that M. Ward didn't come through CO.... :ohwell

I also missed guster in denver recently. mostly because i'm a cheap bastard. but also my sister couldn't go... probably the first CO guster show that we've missed in, like, 8 years... :no

It's a mad couple of months for me, espcially as the students are back in Cambridge so there's infinitely more going on...

I've got this month:

5/10 Seafood @ Loft

12/10 NME Rock N Roll Riot Tour @ Junction

18/10 The Long Blondes @ Junction

22/10 James Dean Bradfield @ Junction

And might try for the Twisted Folk night at The Shed which looks very interesting...

Next month looks like:

2/11 Badly Drawn Boy @ Junction

5/11 Calexico @ Roundhouse

9/11 Yo La Tengo @ Junction

11/11 Amplifier @ Portland Arms

13/11 Forward, Russia @ Junction

18/11 Rachel Unthank @ The Shed

None this month, but on November 6th we are gonna see Bruce Springsteen and the Seeger Session Band. That will be the last show and the last trip anywhere for about 6 months though, since we have some big things to organize & pay for, so there will be no time and no spare money.

Recent shows: Jenny Lewis (just got back)

ME TOO! I wish we'd said hi.

Anyway, October promises to be very good to me concertwise, bookended by shows at the Pabst.

Jenny Lewis

Tilly and the Wall

Andrew Bird

tri-Wilco before a business trip! :D (Gotta love when that can work out)

Jeff Tweedy

November ... Decemberists, and maybe more! I'm hoping for Jon Brion to play Largo on my birthday.

I passed on several great shows that I could have seen in September (Final Fantasy, Junior Boys, Amy Milan) and I won't be seeing anything interesting unless someone plays at the Tongue and Groove, which is the only good place for music here in Lethbridge. Now that I'm back in school and working only 2 nights a week, it's too expensive for me to drive up to Calgary all the time for shows.

However, I am saving up for some sort of trip in the spring when i'm hoping Wilco will be touring for the new album. Can't wait for it! I am so jealous of all the great shows all of you have a chance to see. Have fun!!

Wilco budget overruns and other essential travel costs won't permit me to indulge in any other concerts, unless they're dirt cheap and local.

Wilco in Morgantown WV 10/18.

october shows-Calexico twice,Glenn Kotche,Wilco twice,Gomez

november shows-MMJ,DBT

december-nothing ever again,baby on the way!And these aren't names of bands,though they would be pretty sweet!

ME TOO! I wish we'd said hi.

Really? I looked around a little and didn't notice any VC'ers, at least none that I would have recognized. Where were you sitting?

december-nothing ever again,baby on the way!And these aren't names of bands,though they would be pretty sweet!

:lol Those would be great band names! The real story sounds even better, though. Congrats! :cheers