Favorite Albums of the 80's

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretenders - Can't decide between Learning to Crawl and the S/T. But, I must hear Mystery Achievement RIGHT NOW.

That song is on right now. I download the album because of this thread. I know the singles but have never heard an album by them. Liked it a lot first time through. For some reason I was lumping them in with Blondie, but that seems pretty far off the mark after actually listening to them.

That song is on right now. I download the album because of this thread. I know the singles but have never heard an album by them. Liked it a lot first time through. For some reason I was lumping them in with Blondie, but that seems pretty far off the mark after actually listening to them.

I certainly don't mind Blondie, but yeah, Hynde is a class-of-her-own songwriter. I had girlfriends that actually cried when she married Jim 'Simple Minds' Kerr. I didn't cry, but I thought it would be the end of the Pretenders, and I guess between it and all the drug deaths, it sorta was.

Endless tracks off each of this thread's albums would make an excellent 80's radio station

Edited by lizish

I was a small kid through most of the 80s, so I really don't have a big list.

Master of Puppets, Metallica.

Ride the Lightning, Metallica.

...And Justice for All, Metallica.

Garage Days, Metallica.

A Momentary Lapse of Reason, Pink Floyd.

The Wall, Pink Floyd (Honorable mention because it was released in Nov 79)

in some respects, at age 15 I loved

Yes-90125.jpg

Ha! I blew through my SATs because I had a ticket to see them on that tour and they were both ON THE SAME DAY!