Who should we see

Who should we see  

64 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Bob Dylan and Kings of Leon
    • Tom Petty and Jackson Browne

My friend is coming into town and we want to go to a concert but we have no idea who to see.

Bob Dylan and Kings of Leon are playing at ARCO Arena and Tom Petty and Jackson Browne are playing at Raley Field. I would like to see both of them but can't so.

I am letting VC decide who we should see. Also anybody have any exciting concert stories seeing eather of them to convince us who we should see will also help.

If you've never seen Dylan,then I'd say Bob would get my vote.I'm so glad I got to see people like Miles Davis,Dizzy Gillespie,hell even Jerry Garcia...they may have been past their prime but you're talking about icons of American music,and Bob is as important as anyone in the last 100 years.

Now if you have seen Dylan,but not Petty or especially Jackson Browne...well the double bill there is hard to beat.

You can't lose either way :thumbup

Dylan should be playing songs from the new album this tour....

has Petty toured since the release of his last album?.. or maybe he's one of those artists that plays new stuff before its released?

dylan wont play anything new until the album comes up (been like that since 1990)

I say go see Kings of Leon then bust out and catch Pettty,that is if their playing the same night and you are very rich.

If you have never seen Petty, then I vote for Petty. I saw Petty and Brown at Summerfest in 99 and they both put on a very good, sing-along, fun show. The show will be much more fun, which is why you are taking your friends out - to have a good time. Dylan puts on a good show, but I wouldn't call it "fun." Plus, Dylan tours every year, you will have plenty of time to see him. See Petty - while it is true that he plays the same Greatest Hits setlist every show, for someone who hasn't seen him yet there is nothin' better than singing along with thousands of fans! :dancing

I voted Dylan. I'm seeing him for the first time ever in a couple of weeks... :blink He's def one of those artists I want to catch while I still can, whether he's in his prime or not. The way I figure, when I'm 50 - I'd rather say that I saw Bob Dylan than say I saw Tom Petty. But that's just me.

Go to Petty!! He may return but it might not be the rockin' petty show it is now... I Petty a month ago in chicago and it was an amazing show... The only reason I would lean towards dylan is because the kings of leon are opening, but you could just as easily go to one of their shows. I'm a huge dylan fan but his shows are a waste, i walked out on a dylan show at the auditorium theatre about a year ago... just terrible, that being said it was still worth it to say i had seen bob dylan, same for petty but much better show...

plus petty is playing all his hits and only a song or two from the new album each night, and theyre still good songs... Good points made by everyone else too, dylan tours a ton... i like the busting out after kings of leon idea.

Edited by theshua
Why pay Dylan style ticket prices to see Kings of Leon?

oh i agree, I think i made that point also: you could always see kings of leon on their own.. but in the hypothetical world of "who should we see"... i think the logistics would be a bit off but in a perfect world.

Tough choice. I've seen Petty many times while having seen Dylan only about ten times. They both have really strong new albums out. Being as how I've seen Petty so much and know he's a crowd pleaser (hit player) I'd choose Dylan hoping to hear his new album. For you who has never seen Petty or Dylan I'd recommend Petty. He's just so damned much fun. B)

I've seen Petty many times while having seen Dylan only about ten times.

"only" :blink

...I guess that causes me to wonder what "many" means in your world...

Edited by cryptique

How can Bob Dylan put someone to sleep. In a few years people will wonder who the Kings of Leon were (I am seeing them in a few weeks with Dylan so at least I will find out), but Dylan will be a legend for a good long time.

LouieB