Some info on an upcoming tribute to The Band

I found this website. Endless Highway Its got song clips and info on an upcoming tribute to (in my opinion) the greatest rock band ever, The Band. Im quite surprised that some of these renditions aren't half bad. I'm listening to Jack Jonhson do "I Shall Be Released" right now and I haven't vomited yet. This is a tribute record I might actually pick up, and that's something I thought I'd never say.

For the password, use "429".

edit: I spoke to soon. Ben Gibbard singing "Rockin Chair" is fucking horrendous.

I'm curious about the My Morning Jacket cover.

They played''It Makes No Difference'' at Bonnaroo and pretty much was the closest heart warming atempt to justify , maybe , the greatest song ever written!

True indeed, but the Band still needs a tribute album, for better or worse.

LouieB

I once made a cassette mix tape of all the Dylan & Band songs covered by the Jerry Garcia Band & the GD.Good times :cheers

The DNB does a cover of "It Makes No Difference" that is killer :music

edit: I spoke to soon. Ben Gibbard singing "Rockin Chair" is fucking horrendous.

I disagree. I think its really good - Rockin Chair is my favourite song by The Band too.

That's probably my favorite Band song, too.

likewise.

They played''It Makes No Difference'' at Bonnaroo and pretty much was the closest heart warming atempt to justify , maybe , the greatest song ever written!

Do you know if that is available anywhere?

Edit-Go it!

I just cant get into covers. I cant do it. The original versions are (almost) always so much better that it makes listening to covers too annoying. Why am I listening to Jakob Dylan singing Whispering Pines when I can hear perfection and listen to Richard Manuel do it?

I just cant get into covers. I cant do it. The original versions are (almost) always so much better that it makes listening to covers too annoying. Why am I listening to Jakob Dylan singing Whispering Pines when I can hear perfection and listen to Richard Manuel do it?

that's about right

wow, that death cab version is awful. prolly has something to do w/ the fact i can't stand them or ben's voice. the ABB one is very nice.

I don't think I've ever heard one song by Death Cab before, but I love their version of that song. That is one of my fav Band tunes so I was very skeptical but I think it's great. The MMJ and Hornsby cuts kick ass too. Now Gomez is one band I cannot stand.....

You don't even like tribute albums, Mr.
The only one I thought really worth the price was the Leonard Cohen "I'm Your Fan", but that was from a byegone era when not every artist/album got a tribute. That hasn't stopped me from actually buying many of them anyway when the price is right (meaning cheap....)

LouieB