This is an abomonation

Jesus wept

Chocolate Or Beer? Miller Combines Two Favorites

POSTED: 3:15 pm EDT October 12, 2006

MILWAUKEE -- Chocolate or beer? Now, lovers of brew and sweets won't have to make the choice.

Miller Brewing is launching a new holiday beer that's sure to appeal to chocolate lovers. The company said Frederick Miller Classic Chocolate Lager is brewed with six different malts.

It goes on sale this month through December in a number of Midwestern markets including Wisconsin and the cities of Chicago, Minneapolis, Cleveland and Indianapolis.

The brewing company said the beer will be sold in four packs of 12-ounce bottles and will be marketed for holiday gift giving. It'll cost about $6 for the four-pack, frosting not included.

I can't even imagine wanting to try this.

Not weird at all. Lots of stouts have chocolate flavors worked in.

I have found that some dark beers taste a bit like chocolate, so it didnt sound that crazy to me at first. Thats one thing to look forward to now that winter is coming -- mmmmmmm dark beer.

Right on, Hey I love Guiness but this stuff sounds bad......not "like"chocolate as most dark beers are but tasting exactly as chocolate does and I don't think that would be too good.

I'd rather try that than the Thanksgiving-themed Jones Soda offerings.

Yeah don't they have a turkey dinner flavor or something crazy like that

I don't see anything there that says it tastes just like chocolate, and there are very, very fine beers that taste a hell of a lot more like chocolate than Guinness does. Guinness is roasty; Young's Double Chocolate Stout is chocolatey, and outstanding. Granted, this is Miller, but I don't think there's any reason to dismiss it out of hand.

I once had a "prototype" Budweiser stout they were serving at the brewery. It was not good. I don't have a lot of confidence Miller will do better.

Though I don't drink them that often, I do like me a Young's Double Chocolate Stout (or any chewy complex brew) during those harsh California winters. :beer

This Miller deal sounds like another marketing department "bad committee idea du jour" more akin to caffeinated beer or Tequiza than to an actual chocolate stout. I once tried a "chocolate Port" that actually had chocolate extract in it; completely ruined it. I picture the Miller offering being similar to this, given their usual output. Who knows, though....maybe they'll actually brew a decent chocolate stout. I'm skeptical. :brow

This Miller deal sounds like another marketing department "bad committee idea du jour" more akin to caffeinated beer or Tequiza than to an actual chocolate stout. I once tried a "chocolate Port" that actually had chocolate extract in it; completely ruined it. I picture the Miller offering being similar to this, given their usual output. Who knows, though....maybe they'll actually brew a decent chocolate stout. I'm skeptical. :brow

I'd be interested to know how they're going to make something called "Chocolate Lager" into a stout, since lager and stout are pretty much opposites of each other. :P

Seriously, though, yeah it's Miller, but I'll withhold judgment until I've had a chance to try it. God knows where I'd find it up here, though.