Hey all, first time poster. Normally wouldn't be posting about this (as I'm not a huge drinker) but ironically I'm a student here at U of I. I'm assuming you guys won't be wanting to go to a disgusting college bar...some of the nicer ones are:

Legends

522 E Green St, Champaign

Murphy's Pub

604 E. Green Street, Champaign

Firehaus

708 S 6th St, Champaign

All are within five mins of Foellinger, should be a great show, see you all there :)

Hey all, first time poster. Normally wouldn't be posting about this (as I'm not a huge drinker) but ironically I'm a student here at U of I. I'm assuming you guys won't be wanting to go to a disgusting college bar...some of the nicer ones are:

Legends

522 E Green St, Champaign

Murphy's Pub

604 E. Green Street, Champaign

Firehaus

708 S 6th St, Champaign

All are within five mins of Foellinger, should be a great show, see you all there :)

Even Murphys and Legends aren't the cleanest places.

You could try the Urbana bars (Crane Alley, Office) for less of the "college crowd." Probably 15 minute walk from Foellinger.

Bar Louie and Firehaus are nicer than most of the campus bars.

Being 32 I haven't been to a lot of the college bars for years. I like Legends. Good food and usually has some good drink specials. Here is what you do....

Get to Champaign early and have a late afternoon lunch. 4 or so. Eat at El Torrero (there are 3 of them) In my opinion, it's the best mexican food in town. I always get the grilled chicken and shrimp with garlic. They always look at me funny. Their tacos and enchiladas are great too.

That will get you to Legends or a campus bar around 5 or so. That will give you an hour and a half or so to play some music on the jukebox and throw down a few, play some pool or throw some darts.

Don't get sloshed though. Be able to enjoy and remember the show. :)

I'm telling you, that sounds like a fun afternoon/evening my friend!

• 2 weeks later...

same for wendy and me...in for the show and back home again...

Is anybody here going?

If so, do you know the cool places to grab a drink before/after the show? I've been to Chamaign twice before for shows, but never went out, so I have no idea where the good bars are.

I'm going, and I live on campus.

Foellinger is at the heart of campus, right at the end of the main quad. Most of the bars on campus are complete crap-holes, but there's some ok ones. Legends, Firehaus, or Bar Louie would probably be your best bets. All are less than a ten minute walk to Foellinger.

I'm going, and I live on campus.

Foellinger is at the heart of campus, right at the end of the main quad. Most of the bars on campus are complete crap-holes, but there's some ok ones. Legends, Firehaus, or Bar Louie would probably be your best bets. All are less than a ten minute walk to Foellinger.

I was told of those place's as well as Murphy's. That's probably where we'll start out before the show. It's close to our hotel.

Autumn Defense

yay! :dancing (i already knew this, but i am excited!)

I think my wife and I are going to have a nice meal and head on over. Being a die hard Wilco fan, I'm ashamed to say I have never seen or heard The Autumn Defense play. Is it imperative that I see them? I don't want to bore my wife too much. She's not big into going to concerts. I really want to hang out at the Foelinger and stalk Jeff a bit and ask him to sign a poster I tore down a wall near the Canopy with them on it many years ago. But I don't think my 3 year old daughter would appreciate standing in 45 degree weather. Oh, and tell him I lost my virginity that night after the show!!! I'm sure Jeff would have a great line. I imagine him saying with a little shrug..."Good for you." I'm in row M, right smack in the middle. Looking forward to it.

OK, so what if I'm a dork and show up at the venue for an autograph. About what time do you predict the bus to arrive at Champaign today? Any of you die hards know? I got lucky a few yeaers ago. I walked right up to the back of the venue and there he was...zero wait time. I don't self myself getting luckier than that. It's worth a shot though...