15. I'm The Man Who Loves You

Encore 1:

16. Sunken Treasure

17. The Late Greats

18. Heavy Metal Drummer

19. Hummingbird

Encore 2:

20. Kingpin

21. new song (Let's Not Get Carried Away)

Not to carry on in the tour setlist bashing mode, but typically end-of-tour shows are more memorable and varied, with the crew picking out rarer favorites. For example look at the recent end-of tour show in Charlottesville, VA from this spring.

1. Via Chicago Via Chicago lyrics @ bemydemon.org

2. Airline To Heaven Airline To Heaven lyrics @ bemydemon.org

3. Hell Is Chrome Hell Is Chrome lyrics @ bemydemon.org

4. Handshake Drugs Handshake Drugs lyrics @ bemydemon.org

5. A Shot In The Arm A Shot In The Arm lyrics @ bemydemon.org

6. At Least That's What You Said At Least That's What You Said lyrics @ bemydemon.org

7. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart I Am Trying To Break Your Heart lyrics @ bemydemon.org

8. new song (Maybe The Sun Will Shine Today)

9. Forget The Flowers Forget The Flowers lyrics @ bemydemon.org

10. Hummingbird Hummingbird lyrics @ bemydemon.org

11. War On War War On War lyrics @ bemydemon.org

12. Jesus, Etc. Jesus, Etc. lyrics @ bemydemon.org

13. Walken

14. Theologians Theologians lyrics @ bemydemon.org

15. I'm The Man Who Loves You I'm The Man Who Loves You lyrics @ bemydemon.org

Encore 1:

16. Wishful Thinking Wishful Thinking lyrics @ bemydemon.org

17. Spiders (Kidsmoke) Spiders (Kidsmoke) lyrics @ bemydemon.org

18. The Good Part

19. Kingpin Kingpin lyrics @ bemydemon.org

20. The Late Greats The Late Greats lyrics @ bemydemon.org

Encore 2:

21. Heavy Metal Drummer Heavy Metal Drummer lyrics @ bemydemon.org

22. Red-Eyed And Blue Red-Eyed And Blue lyrics @ bemydemon.org

23. I Got You (At The End Of The Century) I Got You (At The End Of The Century) lyrics @ bemydemon.org

24. Hoodoo Voodoo Hoodoo Voodoo lyrics @ bemydemon.org

You get the same basic set list as this tour, but look at the encores: The Good Part, Red Eyed, I Got You, Hoodoo, hell even the not-too often palyed, Wishful Thinking.

Perhaps the answer in the disparity between these two shows lies in the tour itself falling during hard personal times for Jeff, not too mention the bizzarre happenings in Springfield, Missouri. Just some obserbations. All Minor complaints aside, enough with the touring anyway, let's get that new album, the sooner, the better.

I did see at least 1 taper, dead center, right in front of the sound board.

The band's setlist also included Say You Miss Me, Hoodoo, Poli Sci and Cali Stars as encore songs.

It wasn't just the setlist that made this a great show. The band seemed to be in great spirits. At the beginning of the show, I was a little worried... There was one or two guys in the audience that wanted to be part of the show, and kept shouting out to Jeff during the quiet parts. Jeff took this in stride and tried not to let it get to him. The guy was asking Jeff to "bring the rock"... Well Jeff finally addressed him directly and said that's a great idea and that everyone would enjoy the show better if this guy was quiet and the band brought the rock. This seemed to work, and I think the guy was quiet the rest of the show.

The call & response explanation part of Kingpin was longer than usual, maybe this is why we didn't get one of the extra songs listed on the band's setlist. Jeff was trying to get the 2 event staff guys in front of the stage to help out with the screaming.

It was also great hearing Mt Bed. The crowd was very well behaved during this, even the shouting guy. He must have left for a pee break or something.

Thanks WILCO for visiting the countryside of western PA. Enjoy your time off, and let's get that new record wrapped up.

This show so kicked the Morgantown show's ass. I was a little freaked out by the security at first but then I remembered that my crazy uncle once worked for St. Vincent security and was fired for stalking a student.

The hanger scene worked imho. They really rocked the place and once Jeff shut the guy up front up he seemed in much better spirits.

I'll have some picts up later today hopefully.

Did anybody else find a little weird Jeff's banter with the security guard? It seemed belittling to me. At first it seemed he was trying to include the guy in the screaming bit but then he was like "You're thinking, another hour, $6.50" and "Try this (screaming) and you'll wake up in the morning and feel smarter." The guy at first seemed amused but that quickly changed. I don't know. I felt sorry for him.

The band's setlist also included Say You Miss Me, Hoodoo, Poli Sci and Cali Stars as encore songs.

Say You Miss Me, Hoodoo Voodoo, and Cali Stars!?!?!?!?! Man, why do these old songs get nixed off the setlist all the time?

That aside, Sunken Treasure and Mtn Bed redeem this set.

http://wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=979

1. Hell Is Chrome

2. Handshake Drugs

3. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

4. A Shot In The Arm

5. new song (Impossible Germany)

6. Poor Places

7. Remember The Mountain Bed

8. At Least That's What You Said

9. Jesus, Etc.

10. War On War

11. Forget The Flowers

12. Airline To Heaven

13. Walken

14. Theologians

15. I'm The Man Who Loves You

Encore 1:

16. Sunken Treasure

17. The Late Greats

18. Heavy Metal Drummer

19. Hummingbird

Encore 2:

20. Kingpin

21. new song (Let's Not Get Carried Away)

First Wilco experience and it surely won't be my last. I know a lot of people would like a bit more off of being there and a.m. but I love the setlists. A Ghost is Born is my favorite album so I got to hear a lot of my favorite songs. Plus Jesus, etc is probably my favorite wilco song in general.

The new songs sound great, is walken a new song as well?, it's not labeled in this setlist but I thought it was. That song is amazing. Good things to come on the new album for sure.

The latrobe (lay-trobe, as pronounced by the natives of which there were very few in the crowd) show was really great if only because Jeff became a less miserable bastard after the noisy guy in the crowd apologized for being "too excited" at a wilco show. I was at the DC show the night before, and the 9:30 club is very intimate and intense, but maybe the web casting put Jeff off a little because I've been to a million Wilco shows and I just wasn't feeling any Jeff love. It seems to me that when Tweedy, who has had a rough tour this go around, starts calling people stupid or talking about his own miserableness, he is settling into his comfort zone and the show improves when he is laughing. We only show our worst parts to the family and friends we know will forgive us in the morning.

I was standing right in-front of Nels and watched the security guards in their boredom, checking their watches, wondering what in the name of god Nels was doing with his toys and margarita salt shaker. And, if they are in that room and listening to the same rock and roll band we are, they would be lucky to wake up smarter having had the fateful opportunity to watch musicians such as those play an amazing and innovative show every damn night.

Cheers to Nels and Glenn, the solos and strength they give the show. It might be the first time Jeff wasn't the star of the show and had to compete with the hot drummer and the mildly autistic guitarist who absorb all focus and attention when they are showing you just how much they have to say. Everyone in Philly who didn't go see the two of them at the First Unitarian Church is an idiot.

I was up front with a die hard who had information on all nuances Wilco. She said they had a curfew and that might account for the cutting out of Say You Miss Me and Cali Stars as well as HooDoo. I have no complaints because my wishlist included Hell is Chrome and Remember the Mountain Bed.

He came out and talked to a bunch of people waiting by the bus. I love jeff tweedy. I love that he loves and hates the adoration of his fans. He mentioned that the album was almost done and that the songs we've been hearing might not make the cut. Which is fine by me because Let's Not Get Carried Away is an awesome song with a mean mean spirit that's going to be really hurtful when I'm listening to it on repeat should it ever be on the final album. And Walken is NOT about Christopher Walken, get over it.

Thank you Jeff, John, Glenn, Nels, Mikael, and Pat with your rock star Guitar shots. We'll wait impatiently for your return.

I was trying to think of something to say about the show last night (okay, this morning) but I'll give it another try now. I guess I always come away after doing a little rock tourism road trip with friends feeling incredibly fortunate. Fortunate that I have the opportunity to go; fortunate that I get to spend time with such great people. The show last night had a lot of fun moments, and even if we didn't get the last encore's songs it was still very good. Mountain Bed was really lovely, and I find I like Impossible Germany more every time I hear it. Jeff gave Nels a massage (or something) during Hummingbird, and Glenn's "drum break" in Let's Not Get Carried Away inspired all manner of clapping and dancing. I think the security guy will be fine, although I did hear him after the show remarking that he knew where the buses were parked...

I also should not have worn sandals.

Does anyone know why they chose St Vincet's as their last tour date? Seems like they could have played somewhere with better acoustics and a little less in the middle of nowhere. That being said, great show, and the folks in Latrobe were very hospitable.

Does anyone know why they chose St Vincet's as their last tour date? Seems like they could have played somewhere with better acoustics and a little less in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe it's a coincidence, but it seems to have become a bit of a tradtion to play more out-of-the-way places for the last GA show of the tour, like Tempe, Buffalo, and this one. I had really memorable nights at all three of them.

I would've been easier to have been less in the middle of nowhere, but then we wouldn't have had the highly enjoyable l-o-n-g drive in through the Pennsylvania countryside. It was pretty fun, and it's nice having an excuse to go to weird places. :)

Does anyone know why they chose St Vincet's as their last tour date? Seems like they could have played somewhere with better acoustics and a little less in the middle of nowhere. That being said, great show, and the folks in Latrobe were very hospitable.

Like Florence, MA? Yeah, they like to end with a serene lookin' type of dealio.

It was my first time to hear Impossible Germany and I loved it. I'd be really disappointed if it doesn't make the album. It's so different from what they've done on the last two albums, just straightforward, yet completely beautiful. Let's Not Get Carried Away, just a fun song. It's about time Glenn got a drum solo. Let him play 70's rock god drummer every once in a while! Show him the love, yo.

I was trying to think of something to say about the show last night (okay, this morning) but I'll give it another try now. I guess I always come away after doing a little rock tourism road trip with friends feeling incredibly fortunate. Fortunate that I have the opportunity to go; fortunate that I get to spend time with such great people. The show last night had a lot of fun moments, and even if we didn't get the last encore's songs it was still very good. Mountain Bed was really lovely, and I find I like Impossible Germany more every time I hear it. Jeff gave Nels a massage (or something) during Hummingbird, and Glenn's "drum break" in Let's Not Get Carried Away inspired all manner of clapping and dancing. I think the security guy will be fine, although I did hear him after the show remarking that he knew where the buses were parked...

I also should not have worn sandals.

I liked the Latrobe show but have been to better. There is this aura of uncomfortability that inevitably arises when there is a loud drunk guy screaming in between songs. There is this sort of walking on egg shells feeling when you hear some dude screaming. Don't get me wrong, I hate it - but I found myself waiting for Jeff to confront the dude instead of enjoying the show.

I'm a new user who's a little confused...When you say the band's setlist included Say You Miss Me, Hoodoo, Poli Sci and Cali Stars, do you mean they were on the predetermined setlist and the band ran out of time? Someone said that's because St. Vincent's has a curfew. Is that true?

Also...does anyone know where you can find a Torrent of the Latrobe show? Thanks.

I can only address the first question, but the answer is most likely "Yes."

The band start with a predetermined setlist, but they sure don't always stick to it religiously, time limits or not.

I've got one at home that has a bunch of "substitute" songs in a little box on the side, along with encores that weren't chosen (and at that show, they did a whole bunch of stuff not on the original setlist.)

• 2 weeks later...

Allright, I taped Latrobe and Morgantown. I can do some B&Ps, but if you crazy fockers swamp me it may take a day or two. Each show is one disc FLAC and 2 audio. If somebody wants to torrent either or both I'd be happy to get it in the right hands also. Hit me up with an email.

shane

anodyne33 at gmail dot com