wilco is going to be huge in 2007. prepsters, hipsters, stoners, and old people will come together is a unifying force and elevate wilco into the rock-n-roll stratosphere.

is that a good thing, though? yes, everyone loves them, but right now, wilco is OURS :wub

do we really want to split our share of wilco and give it to the general public?

Wilco in the mainstream? I don't think that will ever happen. No music videos. No radio singles. I think that the media attention will reach new heights, which is practically unfathomable given the attention they already receive. Mainstream success, for Wilco, won't be possible unless they become available in more standard formats (again, TV, Radio).

Wilco in the mainstream? I don't think that will ever happen. No music videos. No radio singles. I think that the media attention will reach new heights, which is practically unfathomable given the attention they already receive. Mainstream success, for Wilco, won't be possible unless they become available in more standard formats (again, TV, Radio).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0seawuhBSc

is that a good thing, though? yes, everyone loves them, but right now, wilco is OURS :wub

do we really want to split our share of wilco and give it to the general public?

We should keep them all to ourselves. Anyways, in a world of Justin Timberlakes and 50 cents I don't think the world is ready for Tweedy. :worship

We should keep them all to ourselves. Anyways, in a world of Justin Timberlakes and 50 cents I don't think the world is ready for Tweedy. :worship

i am totally envisioning jeff presenting an award with 50 cent at the mtv movie awards.

it will happen. just you wait.

jokes come jokingly, not completely devoid of context.

it was a damn video, and it was in response to you saying "AH WILCO WILL NEVER EVER GO MAINSTREAM OR MAKE VIDEOS" which is pretty funny to me. why don't you chill out and grow up.

Wilco will never be on TRL, that is a fact, but for the type of music that Wilco makes, they get a lot of fucking press. They can sell out theatres in most American cities and have played quite a few small arena shows. For a band that isn't on the radio or tv and is really doing their own thing, Wilco are huge and its pretty easy to see by the number of people at shows who are there because they just "heard that Wilco are awesome."

I wouldn't worry about Wilco becoming 'too popular' if I could just learn to shut my fucking mouth & quit telling anyone that'll listen to me how amazing they are. :lol

Admin note: this quote removed due to inappropriate content.

in this one post, you have managed to use more unpleasant words than I have seen on VC as a whole since joining. If anyone's making this unpleasant/uncomfortable, it's you.

And about Wilco, I don't know....if people keep jumping on stage at shows and they keep swinging, Jeff and the boys might just gain some notoriety.... :stunned

I don't think Wilco is really searching for superstardom, because if they were, they probably would have already succeeded or this community wouldn't even exist because they would have failed. It seems to me like this is a band that's actually in it for the music. I like it that way, and it'd be nice if it stayed that way, but who am I to say what they're doing right or wrong and if they should change it?