Was wondering if some kind soul wouldnt mind posting the version of Walken (with the horn section)? I'd be very greatful to hear it. I was also wondering if there is any speculation of wether this is how the studio version will be? It doesn't strike me that wilco would randomly add horns to one of their songs. In the past which songs live have had horns added to them? "I'm The Man Who Loves You", and "Monday" jump immediatley to mind. Which both contain horns on the studio version....however I feel as if they have possibly performed "hummingbird" and "California Stars" with horns. If so my theory is immediatley shattered. I will stop rambling.

thank you in advance.

I guess I'll field this one!

First off, here's the recording of Walken from Lollapalooza, with horns of course. Hope you enjoy.

Wilco - Walken (2006-08-06 Lollapalooza) 6 MB

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9smkmk

Second, to the best of my knowledge, the songs that have been performed live with horns to date are Misunderstood, Monday, California Stars, I'm The Man Who Loves You, and after this summer, Walken. If it were, uh, up to me, I'd want to see them on Is That The Thanks I Get, along with a major Pieholden Suite comeback.

As for the studio recording, who knows? I definitely wouldn't expect them, but it could be a nice surprise.

thank you for posting both of these. I finally got the chance to listen to it last night. I think I really enjoy the horns as a nice addition, they are not over bearing in the slightest. It would be a welcome addition to the studio version which i'm sure is going to be immaculate! Each version of Walken since they begining has become more tightly knit and better executed...

me = excited

I'm in a vast minority here

almost every rock song that has horns, when I hear a version without them I think, "god that's so much better"

admittingly it can sound cheesy if a band who doesn't dabble in horns put them on for random effects. But when bands know what there doing use them the sound can be magnificent. When mchchef1 brought up the stones that a good reference point or even ::ahem:: the beatles. I feel that if Wilco decided to put horns on the album they wouldnt over do it and they would sound delectable.

I'm in a vast minority here

almost every rock song that has horns, when I hear a version without them I think, "god that's so much better"

I feel that way about saxophones.And songs with Snow Patrol on them.