I wasn't able to make it to any of the fall shows :( .

What was/were the best show/two shows? This may be a tough one since probably no one attended every show. I thought the 9:30 club show was fantastic. Solid setlist, good Nels work, the only downfall was that Jeff did not quite seem himself. But, again, this was the only one I've heard. I want to get some input before I download. Please, share your thoughts.

The Huntsville show is one of the best quality Wilco boots I've ever heard.

San Antonio was my favorite set list (Hell Is Chrome opener, Sunken Treasure and Misunderstood...very rare these days).

I was at the 9:30 show, and the Radio Cure opener was simply incredible. Best opening song I can ever remember seeing. (Could've just been that it surprised me so much).

I also attended the last three shows of the tour and really can't rank order them. But I was thinking today about the new songs, and my favorite versions of each lined up nicely along all three -- my favorite Impossible Germany was in Morgantown, my favorite Walkin' was in DC, and my favorite LNGCA was in Latrobe.

I haven't heard them myself, but parisisstale is right that the Huntsville recordings got seriously raved about here quality-wise.

San Antonio was my favorite set list (Hell Is Chrome opener, Sunken Treasure and Misunderstood...very rare these days).

I was at the 9:30 show, and the Radio Cure opener was simply incredible. Best opening song I can ever remember seeing.

That Radio Cure was fantastic! I was very surprised that they opened with it. Definitely not wanting to argue but Misunderstood is not rare let alone "very rare." It's been played very frequently in '06 as well as on Jeff's solo tour (when he also played Sunken Treasure almost every night). Also, they have opened with Hell several times this year. Not being a jerk at all, I'm just curious what you mean.

That Radio Cure was fantastic! I was very surprised that they opened with it. Definitely not wanting to argue but Misunderstood is not rare let alone "very rare." It's been played very frequently in '06 as well as on Jeff's solo tour (when he also played Sunken Treasure almost every night). Also, they have opened with Hell several times this year. Not being a jerk at all, I'm just curious what you mean.

Yeah, I guess I didn't make that too clear. I meant that it was the first time this year at a band show that Sunken Treasure and Misunderstood were both played the same night. And I just love Hell is Chrome as an opener that's all (nothing to do with being rare or not).

Yeah, I guess I didn't make that too clear. I meant that it was the first time this year at a band show that Sunken Treasure and Misunderstood were both played the same night. And I just love Hell is Chrome as an opener that's all (nothing to do with being rare or not).

Agreed. Hell is a very cool opener, although maybe not as cool as Radio Cure.

Agreed. Hell is a very cool opener, although maybe not as cool as Radio Cure.

I hereby cast my (((biased))) vote for 10-13-06 San Antonio. Cuz i was there and had a great time ;)

I've only seen three Wilco shows but this one went neck and neck with the Flagstaff 04-27-05 gig.

I can't pick a fav recording b/n FLG and SA+ both pretty hot. :music

p.s. my audience recording from FLG is different from the one that was edited onto the video...

Setlist-wise, i think Purdue wins (and not just because I was there). Only versions of "One By One," "What Light," "In A Future Age," and "Monday" from this tour. And it's really too bad that this show wasn't recorded, because it featured what would have probably gone down as the best ALTWYS ever--Jeff cries in the second verse, proceeds to play the SHIT out of his guitar for the solo. Plus "A Shot In The Arm" opener, excellent "Via Chicago," and the debut of "Let's Not Get Carried Away"

Setlist-wise, i think Purdue wins (and not just because I was there). Only versions of "One By One," "What Light," "In A Future Age," and "Monday" from this tour. And it's really too bad that this show wasn't recorded, because it featured what would have probably gone down as the best ALTWYS ever--Jeff cries in the second verse, proceeds to play the SHIT out of his guitar for the solo. Plus "A Shot In The Arm" opener, excellent "Via Chicago," and the debut of "Let's Not Get Carried Away"

I agree with you,setlist wise.The show was perhaps too emotionally charged to say it was FUN,but it was excellent.I actually had more FUN in Louisville...incredible outdoor venue,perfect weather,and a pretty good setlist taboot (JC4 Prez,Ashes,etc.).

But I'm with O-Man here,I'll have to hear the Mt. Bed show first :music

i, too, thought DC was unbelievable. they were just absolutely plowing through that set -- no room for breathers, either. i agree that jeff seemed really quiet...i love his banter so much...but maybe he thought they were just rockin' too hard. :dancing he seemed to like the crowd, i thought.

It wasn't recorded? Bummer...and I don't even listen or collect shows, but I thought it was worthy of documentation for sure.

LouieB

Morgantown, hands down. :pirate

Best live performance of Mountain Bed was at a 9:30 soundcheck last year. John was sweetly coaching

the lyrics to Jeff, and I was the only other person in the room. At least that's what I said (to myself).

I went to two (Wichita, and the massacree) and while I had more fun at the former (Radio Cure, Misunderstood FTW), I think that the Springfield show was better in terms of quality until the "incidents". Sadly, I really had trouble enjoying myself after that, and I think they did too. The loud-mouthed woman screaming in my ear didn't help either.

Just at what show did they play Remember the Mountain Bed? I just can't imagine they'de play that live, but it would definately be a transcental- can I say that?- song to hear live.

They played it @ the Ryman in March

Louisville is the only show I saw and it was spectacular :thumbup

Iknow they played Radio Cure alot this tour did they always pair it up w/ Reservations? I think maybe only one other show? That should be a point in Luville favor. FREE PARKING, beers=$4, as mentioned perfect weather, truley one of the great outdoor venues. jc4prez Jeff cried a little at our show too. did not punch anyone though. :hmm We did not leave until the last encore was completly done and were out of the lot in less than five mins(Sun. nights rock) and a girl threw her panties on the stage, very"rock and Roll"

After alittle research on wilcobase this is only the second jc4prez since the Aud. shows in 10/04

Mountain bed was in Latrobe?

Damn, if only they had played that Latrobe show just one night before, in DC, which was just a tight, succint show that was a pure pleasure. Watching from the blcony of the 930 club is, in my opinion, one of the best views in the various musical auditoriums I have been in.

I havent seen the Latrobe show posted on etree, did anyone in attendance record it?

Watching from the blcony of the 930 club is, in my opinion, one of the best views in the various musical auditoriums I have been in.

it sure is...but i've found it's not half as fun up there...it's a whole different experience. i go up there for other bands...but i can't bear to just stand up there so far away at a wilco show and watch everyone down there pogo and sing along! :dancing