I haven't bought the live CD

Does that make me a bad fan? Especially considering I own a bunch of Wilco boots. And I used to record shows.

Frankly, I'm afraid I'll listen once, say "that's nice" and never listen again.

Also, I never bought the Loose Fur CDs - actually, I might have the 1st one, I can't remember.

Does that make me a bad fan? Especially considering I own a bunch of Wilco boots. And I used to record shows.

Also, I never bought the Loose Fur CDs - actually, I might have the 1st one, I can't remember.

i only listened to it a few times when i got it. it was great but thr song selection leans heavily on the last 2 albums... those good quality audience recordings give a much better representation of what the shows are like

There are a few of tracks that I think are excellent on KT.

Hell Is Chrome

Handshake Drugs

Ashes of American Flags

Comment (If All Men Are Truly Brothers)

Otherwise, I tend to glean from other shows from that period.

I do like the Monday bonus track I got from Itunes or somewhere (can't remember)

Why do you hate Wilco?

well, I bought it, but have only played the whole thing maybe 3 times

most of the time if I'm listening to Wilco it is the albums or some various shows I have

It's a pretty good CD overall though

We are not the only ones...

After the Wichita gig i met Jeff to get some feedback from the AGIB tour comp i authored and I that i gave the band a copy back in early 2005. After asking him if he got a chance to give it a listen he replied he remembered it as a three disc set; it is actually four disc if you count the covers and tv appearances thats on disc four. And he thought it a nice gesture, but he said he can't listen to live Wilco music. He appreciates the effort of us tapers but that's for us to enjoy he has no interest in hearing himself sing for his own enjoyment. He even said it's nothing against audience recordings because he can't even listen to his own "Kicking Television" release.

I thank him for his honesty. If Jeff Tweedy is anything he is honest to himself and to his fans. IMO a rare thing in the entertainment industry today.

KT can wait, but you must buy the Loose Fur records.

Sweet. I already own Born Again. Fabulous record, but too short! It could have used a couple more songs.

As for Kicking Television, I'm not really partial to live recordings. Don't know why, since Wilco gives the best live performances I ever heard. I think I would just rather see them live and listen to their studio recordings over and over.

I won't judge how good a fan you are, haha. I do think it should be pointed out that KT sounds WAY better than the boots I've gotten my hands on. That's nothing against the bootlegs, I sure am glad to hear em! But there really is a difference in quality.

You really probably should get the new Loose Fur. You might not realize it yet, but you really want it. Buy it, you'll see.

After the Wichita gig i met Jeff to get some feedback from the AGIB tour comp i authored and I that i gave the band a copy back in early 2005. After asking him if he got a chance to give it a listen he replied he remembered it as a three disc set; it is actually four disc if you count the covers and tv appearances thats on disc four. And he thought it a nice gesture, but he said he can't listen to live Wilco music. He appreciates the effort of us tapers but that's for us to enjoy he has no interest in hearing himself sing for his own enjoyment. He even said it's nothing against audience recordings because he can't even listen to his own "Kicking Television" release.

he needs a set of earplugs for his upcoming shows then :lol

I've never bought a Wilco record, I just listen to bootlegs of shows. I find it a more pure way to listen to them. No middleman or record company in between. I wish they sounded better though. They should think about playing a show with no audience and then bootlegging that.

I've never bought a Wilco record, I just listen to bootlegs of shows. I find it a more pure way to listen to them. No middleman or record company in between.

Also no $$ going to the band. One of the arguments in favor of allowing taping is that fans will still buy the albums. I think it's a gesture of good will to hold up that end of the bargain.

I wish they sounded better though. They should think about playing a show with no audience and then bootlegging that.

With no audience, who would bootleg it!? :lol