Don't Think Twice It's All Right

The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll

Mama You Been On My Mind

Silver Dagger

With God On Our Side

It Ain't Me Babe

All I Really Want To Do

here's a better one... toads place 1990. a public rehearsal

Walk A Mile In My Shoes / One More Cup Of Coffee (Valley Below) / Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35 / Trouble No More / I've Been All Around This World / Political World / Where Teardrops Fall / Tears Of Rage / I Dreamed I Saw St Augustine / It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry / Everybody's Movin' / Watching The River Flow / What Was It You Wanted / Oh Baby It Ain't No Lie / Lenny Bruce / I Believe In You / Man Of Peace / Across The Borderline / Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat / All Along The Watchtower / Tight Connection To My Heart (Has Anybody Seen My Love) / Political World / What Good Am I? / Wiggle Wiggle / Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again / Pay The Price / Help Me Make It Through The Night / Man In The Long Black Coat / Congratulations / Dancing In The Dark / Lonesome Whistle Blues / Confidential / In The Garden / Everything Is Broken / So Long, Good Luck And Goodbye / Where Teardrops Fall / Political World / Pretty Peggy-O / I'll Remember You / Key To The Highway / Joey / Lay Lady Lay / I Don't Believe You / When Did You Leave Heaven? / Maggie's Farm / I've Been All Around This World / In The Pines / Highway 61 Revisited / Precious Memories / Like A Rolling Stone

I love both of you and will send it to anyone that wants it from me. Toad's Place!!

Ahem.

I actually grew up right outside of New Haven (Toad's Place) and have been to the dive many times. The Stones have done a surprise show there before (lock the doors, whoever's inside=bonus) as have other bands. I'd be happy to burn and send copies (assuming someone could do the same), as well.

Just bought my tix for 11/20 in NYC!!! A newly added show at a small theater in NYC. I think this is where the Opera plays? Anyone know anythign about it?

I am so excited. Got through online and got tix in the last row of the orchestra. $150/ticket. So I eat PBJ for the next two months. Who cares?!?!!

Today is the day I'm gonna grab my trombone and blow....

saw zimmy saturday in boston:

1. Maggie's Farm

2. She Belongs To Me

3. Lonesome Day Blues

4. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right

5. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

6. Workingman's Blues #2

7. Tangled Up In Blue

8. Blind Willie McTell

9. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)

10. Ballad Of Hollis Brown

11. Highway 61 Revisited

12. Spirit On The Water

13. Summer Days

(encore)

14. Thunder On The Mountain

15. Like A Rolling Stone

16. All Along The Watchtower

i've seen dylan 5 times in 7 years and this may have been the best all around show i've seen him put on. his voice was the best i've ever heard it. the setlist was pretty solid, could have done without don't think twice or hollis brown (not that i dislike the songs..just would have like to hear something different) She Belongs To Me and Blind Willie McTell were unexpected treats...Spirit On The Water was picture perfect. Tangled Up In Blue sounded fantastic the acoustic guitar (which lead the song!) sounded just like the arrangement on the bootleg series, (just the guitar though)The band really cooked on Highway 61, Summer Days, and Thunder On the Mountain...it's a shame they don't play more fast hard rocking songs...

Was really really hoping for Absolutley Sweet Marie OR Senor and Rolling And Tumblin to no avail. Than I shit my pants when I saw the next night Boston setlist:

1. Absolutely Sweet Marie

2. Se

I saw the same show. I didn't enjoy it much. I feel like Bob's having the time of his life, and maybe he thinks he's putting on the greatest show on earth. But there's a disconnect between the performers and the audience I just couldn't ignore. He does what he wants, and I'm fine with that, but I think I'm retiring from seeing Dylan live. The Raconteurs were pretty good.

there's a disconnect between the performers and the audience I just couldn't ignore. He does what he wants, and I'm fine with that, but I think I'm retiring from seeing Dylan live.

Damn. Thats exactly what I thought the last time I saw him last year in NYC. And I retired then too. But then Modern Times came out, and I got the bug and got tix. I had forgotten how I felt the last go-round.

Oh well. I hope I dont feel this way again after the show I see on Monday...

On an unrelated note, I saw an article that Toad's PLace was forced to close for 3 months recently for selling alcohol to minors. $90,000 fine too. Yowsahs.

Ok, so I was at the last show of the tour at the New York City Center. This was a show announced only a week and half ago or so and was clearly an add-on at the last minute in a small venue in midtown Manhattan. I think that the ballet usually plays here.

Capacity is 2200 or so. Scored tickets in the very last row of the orchestra in the far far left corner. Actually could not see the lead guitarist from the angle we were at. I didnt care -- I'll take that 10 times out of 10 over the large venues he's been playing on this tour.

Highlights from the set were obviously the MT tunes. The band was tight, and loud and in your face. Bob was dancing around more than I can remember. I have read some mixed reviews about this tour and the band being somewhat removed. They weren't last night. You could tell that they were jacked up to be playing in front of the NYC crowd in a small venue.

Nettie Moore was simply splendid. Its prob my fave tune from the new album and was even better last night. When the Deal Goes Down and Spirit on the Water were also great. His voice was spot on and I can't remember the last time that I could understand him as well as I did last night. It was as if he really wanted everyone to understand what he was singing about in these three songs. Expectingrain.com says that the Aint Talkin in the encore was the live debut -- proving yet again that it was a special night and in keeping with Bob always seemingly doing something different in NY.

As far as the oldies go -- Spanish Boots was wonderful. Rolling Stone was perfect. I was happy to be spared the otherwise obligatory All Along the Watchtower encore.

To top it off, walking out after the show, I bump into Elvis Costello with his very pregnant wife Diana Krall. The two of them are standing in the lobby like two normal blokes trying to figure out where to go to get a burger. Elvis looked as giddy as me after the show. I yelled out ELVIS and he turned and smiled. But I didnt want to bother him or shake his hand. Seeing Dylan and Elvis in one venue like that borders on a religious moment for me. It was a great night overall and I couldnt sleep until late.

You think I'm over hilllllllll? Think I am past my prime?? Let's see what you got baby. We can have a whoppin good time.

Setlist:

1. The Levee's Gonna Break

2. Se

I thought I retired him until I decided to sneak into a three night stand that was sold out and heard Senor when I walked through the doors,totally a Detriot Rock City feeling!

I saw the same show. I didn't enjoy it much. I feel like Bob's having the time of his life, and maybe he thinks he's putting on the greatest show on earth. But there's a disconnect between the performers and the audience I just couldn't ignore. He does what he wants, and I'm fine with that, but I think I'm retiring from seeing Dylan live. The Raconteurs were pretty good.

I too was at this Boston show and was really disappointed. This was actually my first Dylan show and I have been reluctant to go see him up until this point for fear that it would be a giant disappointment, which it was. I really like Modern Times and would much enjoyed hearing him play cuts off that and Love and Theft rather than his classic tunes. He's completely butchered all of his best songs and its just painful to listen to. The three Modern Times songs that were played though were all very solid. Also, Raconteurs were just awful, but I hate that record.