11. Highway 61 Revisited

12. Nettie Moore

13. Summer Days

(encore)

14. Thunder On The Mountain

15. Like A Rolling Stone

16. All Along The Watchtower

Solace,

I thought of you during the extended cow bell solo in the Foo Fighters set. The Foo Fighters sounded great. Dylan's voice sounded a little off last night. I did enjoy hearing some tunes I haven't heard before though (Tangled Up in Blue and Masters of War) and Nettie Moore and Thunder on the Mt. sounded great. All in all a great night.

On a side note - can Dave Grohl and Dylan be any more different? Dave was very talkative as usual and Bob mumbled about 4 words and then introduced his band. Grohl was cracking jokes, chatting about the last time he was in town and discussing "Blues Brothers." Fun to watch.

what an awesome show last night. definitly worth the trip. had great seats and it sounded pretty good. the set list was great.

7. Rollin' And Tumblin'

St. Paul setlist tonight... GREAT show... Foo's acoustic were really fun too

7. Rollin' And Tumblin'

is this tune as good live as it is on the album? there's some mean slide riffing on the album version...

rolling and tumblin is pretty faithful to the album version... i prefer the album though. he seemed to have taken more care with the vocals.

however, thunder on the mountain seems to sound better live

awwwwww Im excited! two weekends away for me! I was a little upset when I saw him september and he didn't play any new songs. Although I was lucky enough to hear sugar baby, visions of johanna, and stuck inside of mobile...I was hoping for any of the gems on modern times...

and oh yea, while im thinking about it. as much as I love modern times, I still think Love And Theft is the better album...anyone else agree?

I think when the dust settles I'll still like "Love & Theft" more, too.
There are three or four brilliant songs on L&T (Mississippi, High Water, Poor Boy)so I would tend to agree. I think Modern Times went down really good first play though.

LouieB

Okay, honestly I started this thread because I've been planning, anticipating, waiting for tonight almost two months now. I've read what you all have said and all I can say for myself is - Dylan was AMAZING.

"For Halloween buy her a trumpet... and for christmas get her a drum"

He hit it, he rocked it, unbelievable.

My favorites were Tangled Up In Blue, She Belongs To Me, John Brown, Hwy 61.

and oh yea, while im thinking about it. as much as I love modern times, I still think Love And Theft is the better album...anyone else agree?

I think when the dust settles I'll still like "Love & Theft" more, too.

There are three or four brilliant songs on L&T (Mississippi, High Water, Poor Boy)so I would tend to agree. I think Modern Times went down really good first play though.

LouieB

I certainly prefer Love & Theft too. I think that both albums have the same amount of brilliant tracks, but the lesser songs on Modern Times are not of the same standard, or hold the same interest for me, as the lesser songs on Love & Theft.

I bet Thunder On The Mountain is pretty damn good live, though.

Okay, honestly I started this thread because I've been planning, anticipating, waiting for tonight almost two months now. I've read what you all have said and all I can say for myself is - Dylan was AMAZING.

"For Halloween buy her a trumpet... and for christmas get her a drum"

He hit it, he rocked it, unbelievable.

My favorites were Tangled Up In Blue, She Belongs To Me, John Brown, Hwy 61.

ohhhhhhh im glad you enjoyed it! what was the full setlist?

Madison, Wisconsin

Kohl Center

October 31, 2006

1. Maggie's Farm

2. She Belongs To Me

3. Lonesome Day Blues

4. Positively 4th Street

5. Rollin' And Tumblin'

6. John Brown

7. Watching The River Flow

8. Workingman's Blues #2

9. Highway 61 Revisited

10. When The Deal Goes Down

11. Tangled Up In Blue

12. Blind Willie McTell

13. Summer Days

(encore)

15. Like A Rolling Stone

Summer days was also up there with the best last night.

Okay, just want to get this off my chest...

When we left the Kohl Center the other night, Jared and I were raving about how great Dylan's voice sounded and the songs he sang. We couldn't get over Tangled Up In Blue, She Belongs To Me, Summer Days (those are the ones where he really 'sung like a bird'). Some other friends of mine that scalped tickets minutes before the show started were already waiting outside. One of these guys came straight out and said it, "I don't like how he sounds, I didn't think it was that good." It's so sad. How many people were there to see the Foo Fighters and just thought of Dylan as a bonus, I wondered. I also have to be honest, I was seriously disappointed with Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters. They sat down the entire show! They sounded great, but why were they sitting? Could you imagine if Jeff Tweedy sat during Misunderstood or Airline to Heaven? I mean, c'mon, I know you're playing "acoustic" (which is debatable), but why are you sitting?!

Okay, aside from that, it was one of the best nights I can remember in a long time and I haven't stopped chanting "Zimmerman! Zimmerman! Zimmerman!"

Ottawa (technically Kanata), Novemeber 15

Totally indifferent to audience for pretty much the entire show. The other thing that I hadn't really ever seen before was that the entire band was set up about 40 feet or so back from the front of the stage. There was a mike stand front stage centre but he never took it. Played keyboards all night. The other players who are, as other posters have already pointed out, just out of this world great, pretty much never take their eyes off him. He's not a band leader like James Brown but all the cues come from him. He grinned during "Ballad of a Thin Man" and totally fuckin smiled during "Summer Days"

Maggie's Farm

She Belongs To Me

Watching The River Flow

Just Like A Woman

Highway 61 Revisited

Ballad Of A Thin Man

Rollin' And Tumblin'

Simple Twist Of Fate

High Water (For Charley Patton)

Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)

Tangled Up In Blue

Nettie Moore

Summer Days

Thunder On The Mountain

Like A Rolling Stone

All Along The Watchtower

London - Friday Nov 3rd.

It was certainly good seeing him. We were about 12 rows back in the centre so the seats could not be much better.

It was a bob at the keyboard show. I last saw him something like 20 years ago and to be honest, I don't think I'll go again. I know it is like seeing Shakespeare in the flesh, but lord, the mumbling.

I also prepped for the show playing the electric bootleg series disks and unfortunately it sort of brought home how different things are. I know Bob is supposed to be front and centre, but all the other musicians were muffled by his presence. There were no great guitar solos and each of the side men had their gaze fixed firmly at Dylan for the whole thing. I get the impression that the band was holding back, not taking any attention away from Bob. That would be fine if he was perhaps more dynamic....

It's all sour grapes. I was expecting too much.

Foo Fighters were good. Big surprise, there was Petra Hayden playing fiddle. Managed to impress the ushers and people around us with my useless trivial mind: 'Yeah, she's the daughter of Charlie' and 'She did a cover of the who sell out....'

Setlist:

London, Ontario

John Labatt Centre

November 3, 2006

1. Maggie's Farm

2. She Belongs To Me

3. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum

4. Girl Of The North Country

5. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

6. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)

7. Not Dark Yet

8. Rollin' And Tumblin'

9. Masters Of War

10. Desolation Row

11. Highway 61 Revisited

12. Nettie Moore

13. Summer Days

(encore)

15. Like A Rolling Stone