Second album delay

What bands had long delays between their first and second albums? The Stone Roses are the first example that comes to my mind of a band having a "hit" with the first album ('89) and then taking forever to release the second ('94). I guess a better example would be Vashti Bunyan ('70 to '05) but I really have in mind bands/artists where the first album had some measure of success.

Wasn't the reason that it took so long for the Stone Roses to release that second album because of legal issues with their record label?

That, and copious amounts of Cocaine.

huh?

Key Lime was like their 5th or 6th record wasn't it?

At least...

um, camper had already released like 2 or 3 albums by 1989
More than that....Key Lime was their second major label though if memory serves me...

They had already cranked out at least four albums on small labels. (edit Wikopedia says yes...)

LouieB

Guest tandylacker

Wallflowers came out with their second CD almost 5 years after their first and obviously most successful CD.

Weezer took 5 years between CD 2 and 3 then they started shitting out CDs every 1 to 2 years.

Third Eye Blind waited a solid 4 to 5 years between 2nd and 3rd CD.

Postal Service, indefinitely.

Point though is that all these bands kept a real solid fan base. Don't know what Wilco fans would think if they waited 5 years.

Wallflowers came out with their second CD almost 5 years after their first and obviously most successful CD.

Your referring to the gap Bringing Down the Horse and Breach right?

BDTH was actually their second album and Breach their third. They released their first self titled on Virgin records and the other 4 records on Interscoope.

The Wallflowers was released in 1992

Bringing Down the Horse was released in 1996 five years later and was their breakout cd with 6th Avenue and One Headlight

Breach the third album was released in 2000

Due to the first cd being on a different label and was under a different contact it had a lesser print and almost no publicity. There is a video or two out for the singles directed by Jakob brother Jessie Dylan (who also directed American Pie 3).

• 2 weeks later...