Pavement live show

So, I didn't get on the pre-order deal thingy, even though I tried. None of the stores around here did it and I called insound too late to participate. So, can some one help a brotha out by hooking me up with the live show? That's all I really wanted. I could've cared less about the 7" or poster (they would've been nice though). I would love you long time. Thanks in advance.

So, I didn't get on the pre-order deal thingy, even though I tried. None of the stores around here did it and I called insound too late to participate. So, can some one help a brotha out by hooking me up with the live show? That's all I really wanted. I could've cared less about the 7" or poster (they would've been nice though). I would love you long time. Thanks in advance.

PM on the way, I'm upping it to YSI.

--Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I'll have to check it out. I painted 12-15 hours a day all this week, and besides the student-run radio, listened to only 4 albums: YLT's I'm Not Afraid... , Jeff Buckley's Grace, a Tweedy/Kinks-heavy mix, and Crooked Rain, over and over and over. I love Malkmus. :cheers

Thanks. I'll have to check it out. I painted 12-15 hours a day all this week, and besides the student-run radio, listened to only 4 albums: YLT's I'm Not Afraid... , Jeff Buckley's Grace, a Tweedy/Kinks-heavy mix, and Crooked Rain, over and over and over. I love Malkmus. :cheers

Pavement is the shit, this Wowee Zowee reissue may have made me think WZ is my favorite Pavement album but I'm not sure yet.

I still don't get all the love WZ gets and why it seems to be the fan favorite. S+E and CRCR are, at least to my ears, far better records. I like the WZ reissue for one reason - Painted Soldiers!

I dunno, I like S+E a lot but I don't think i could pick between, CRCR, WZ, and TT...do pavement fans like terror twilight? im not sure but i think its an amazing record.

I dunno, I like S+E a lot but I don't think i could pick between, CRCR, WZ, and TT...do pavement fans like terror twilight? im not sure but i think its an amazing record.

Terror Twilight just doesn't seem like a Pavement record to me, either in production or content. Still some really good songs, but I can't remember the last time I listened to it.

Terror Twilight just doesn't seem like a Pavement record to me, either in production or content. Still some really good songs, but I can't remember the last time I listened to it.

I mean TT definitely doesn't have Pavement's signature lo-fi-ish aesthetic (see: produced by nigel godrich) but I think regardless its an absolutely incredible album, one of my favorites.

I would say Slanted is my favorite but I think I would put Brighten the Corners second. I love that album.

I would put Brighten the Corners a very close third to S+E and CRCR. I love that record. It was my first Pavement record too, so I'm sure that affects my like of the record greatly. Wowee Zowee, even right down to the cover, just seemed like kind of a "meh" effort on the bands part. Sure, there are great songs on it but overall it's hard to listen to the whole thing in one sitting.

I would put Brighten the Corners a very close third to S+E and CRCR. I love that record. It was my first Pavement record too, so I'm sure that affects my like of the record greatly. Wowee Zowee, even right down to the cover, just seemed like kind of a "meh" effort on the bands part. Sure, there are great songs on it but overall it's hard to listen to the whole thing in one sitting.

I still luv wowee but its my least favourite next to TT. I can see kinda what you are saying there are like maybe 2 or 3 tracks I skip.

I'm a hardcore Pavement fan and really dig Terror Twilight, but think I'm in the minority as I always read criticis dumping on that album. That last Pavement tour was incredible. Probably the tightest I ever saw the band live. Seeing them play the Hexx live was a life altering experience!!!!!

Wowee Zowee is a great album, but so is CRCR. I tend to think of these as the best of the pop period, but for my money Slanted is their defining album.