Now Playing. From 20th November 2006.

Sam's Town is the best track off it - a catchy pop tune, but the rest of the album is pretty poor imo...

I wasn't taken with the My Chemical Romance one either, but my Dad likes it, so perhaps that says something :) Too much Queen, not enough original ideas.

Spinning this now:

B000F5GO4Q.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65750888_.jpg

Not bad...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they didn't take themselves so seriously, i might not find it as awful i suppose

i don't know too many fans who loved the first record who are into this one. curious how it's selling now.

It's selling on the strength of "When You Were Young" which is an absolutely huge hit. Plus it doesn't hurt that Tim Burton directed the video for "Bones".

I do agree they take themselves a bit too seriously, but this track seems a little more relaxed. Thats always been my criticism of MCR too, though. They are way too into themselves.

if they didn't take themselves so seriously, i might not find it as awful i suppose

i don't know too many fans who loved the first record who are into this one. curious how it's selling now.

i enjoyed the first album quite a bit. like the new one, but think they need a few non-anthemic tracks to break it up. i think they put on an incredible live show. and i also think they think too highly of themselves, and because of that i think people are transfering that to their music more than they ought to

So I'm listening to Rock Plaza Central over on their myspace site:

http://myspace.com/rockplazacentral

And their record is amazing... but the premise of it is even better:

The new record is all about robotic horses.

Robotic horses who think they are real horses.

For real.

And in the end, the robot horses are going to give up on trying to figure out what they are and what they should be doing, and instead they decide to just ride off toward some lights they see in the distance, hoping that the lights will have the answers for them. But the lights turn out to be nothing other than the stars, billions and billions of miles away. Fortunately the horses have no conception of time and thus experience no real sense of loss. In fact, because they were designed to run, they are elated to run forever.

Reading it I laughed but was also equally amazed at the thought gone into it...

My Brightest Diamond - Bring Me Te Work Horse.

Very good - quite PJ Harvey esque in places. Well worth a listen.

the thermals - the body, the blood, the machine

finally got around to listening to this. been on my computer for quite a while. loving it so far

:rock

NP:

B000B5QWNI.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Just got my tickets for the House of Blues: Anaheim to see them in January. :w00t