Now Playing. From 20th November 2006.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's that?

It's interesting.

The production is very good, sounds great. It flows well the way the tracks lead into each other.

Some tracks like "Help" are very true to the originals while others like "Octopus's Garden" are drastically different.

The Harrison acoustic version of "Guitar Gently Weeps" is beautiful. A real standout.

It wont trump anything you may already have in your collection, and personally I think it's too busy in spots but you have to consider the project this accompanies.

It's a fresh interpretation...It's good but I doubt I'll come back to it often.

NP

B00061F8M8.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

bob dylan:

Finjan Club

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

2 July 1962

1. The Death Of Emmett Till

2. Stealin', Stealin' (trad. arr. Memphis Jug Band)

3. Hiram Hubbard (trad.)

4. Blowin' In The Wind

5. Rocks And Gravel

6. Quit Your Low Down Ways

7. He Was A Friend Of Mine

8. Let Me Die In My Footsteps

9. Two Trains Runnin' (McKinley Morganfield)

10. Ramblin' On My Mind (Robert Johnson)

11. Blues Yodel No. 8 (Jimmie Rodgers - G. Vaughan)

I love it! Havent heard a bad album yet.

Heres what I have:

Know By Heart

Set Free

From Our Living Room...

The Golden Band

What should I get next?

There's only two other albums :)

The Fun Of Watching Fireworks - which I've not heard

Promise of Love - which I don't have either...

Great stuff - just a shame they've now split :(

Ill check them out cheers!

Didnt know theyd split.. I was going to say if they ever come over here we'll have to go and see them. Is Andrew Kenny doing anything else instead?

I love it! Havent heard a bad album yet.

Heres what I have:

Know By Heart

Set Free

From Our Living Room...

The Golden Band

What should I get next?

those are their best records for the most part, but after that i'd go w/ Fireworks then Promise

There's only two other albums :)

The Fun Of Watching Fireworks - which I've not heard

Promise of Love - which I don't have either...

Great stuff - just a shame they've now split :(

Promise of Love was fairly disappointing for me when it came... luckily they followed it up w/ Set Free, which is pretty f'n great (The Green Green Grass was one of my absolute fave songs of '05)

Ill check them out cheers!

Didnt know theyd split.. I was going to say if they ever come over here we'll have to go and see them. Is Andrew Kenny doing anything else instead?

and actually they haven't split per-se... they have just stopped making music together for the time being and have no plans on touring. while they have stated that they won't be touring anytime soon, they did hint that they may still continue to release albums in the near future. i think either Andrew or someone else in the band was going back to finish college, that probably played a big part in the decision (they had previously taken a bit of a hiatus because of school as well).

i saw them live, they were really enjoyable live. super mellow, but the last show was at a really sweet venue w/ tables, couches, etc., and everyone just kinda chilled out during the show.

my favorite is definitely Know By Heart, which is one of my fave albums of the last 10+ years. after that, probably The Golden Band, Set Free, Fireworks / Living Room (tossup), and Promise. i've got some EP's and Single's stuff i could dig out sometime if you guys are interested. also, they posted demos from Set Free on their website, they may still be up. there's also the EP w/ Andrew & Ben Gibbard that's quite good.

Know By Heart is my favourite too, closely followed by Set Free. I like everything ive heard though.

N.P

B00000IWQV.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

All of the Immediate catalogue over 2 discs. Essential.

my favorite is definitely Know By Heart, which is one of my fave albums of the last 10+ years. after that, probably The Golden Band, Set Free, Fireworks / Living Room (tossup), and Promise. i've got some EP's and Single's stuff i could dig out sometime if you guys are interested. also, they posted demos from Set Free on their website, they may still be up. there's also the EP w/ Andrew & Ben Gibbard that's quite good.

Good news that they've not split entirely then...

I'm very interested in that Andrew / Ben Gibbard EP if you point me in the right direction... :cheers

Thats up on Oink mate. Its called Home Volume V. Funnily enough I had that before I even knew about American Analog Set. Its a nice 8 track acoustic album and they do 4 tracks each.