Now Playing. From 20th November 2006.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got sent this to review over the weekend, getting its first play now:

B000IU3Y3W.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36643469_.jpg

After reading a couple of thoughts on it on these very boards, I was a little worried but I've been impressed. Great sound, even if Neil's vocals are a bit shakey... I don't know a great deal about the Crazy Horse period of Young's career, perhaps I should investigate more!

it's great... just way too short :(

NP;

WILCO

01-02-01 "Pieholden Suite" (both sets of YHF demos)

-Robert.

You did well on that one my friend.I can't believe we're the only ones on teh etree that has it.

U1818P28T3D1317943F329DT20061108110059.jpg

I'm actually shocked at how good this album is. It may sneak into my top 10 of the year, which is really saying something, as I've never liked anything they've done before. I'm really in shock at how much I like it.

i'd only heard a song or two prior, but really enjoy the title track/first single with it's totally over the top Queen intro, then w/ the pop punk main part of the song...

that said, i thought there was a chance i might like the record... but it's pretty awful...

along w/ the obvious Queen rips (there's one solo on the record that is stolen straight outta the Bohemian Rhapsody solo), it also reminds me of 90's Bon Jovi in spots.

i'd only heard a song or two prior, but really enjoy the title track/first single with it's totally over the top Queen intro, then w/ the pop punk main part of the song...

that said, i thought there was a chance i might like the record... but it's pretty awful...

along w/ the obvious Queen rips (there's one solo on the record that is stolen straight outta the Bohemian Rhapsody solo), it also reminds me of 90's Bon Jovi in spots.

There are some melodies that I can recognize but can't pinpoint where they are from.

I've listened to it once or twice and I'm surprised at the fact that there are no truly terrible songs on it, and there are about 5-7 songs that I honestly enjoy, and the rest is good enough. It's not a masterpiece, but it's not the overblown mess I anticipated.

I'm not sure I hear the Bon Jovi in it, but there's one song that really reminded me of Green Day, and there was a melody in their that was very Beatle-esque. In theme, it almost reminds me of The Wall.

There are some melodies that I can recognize but can't pinpoint where they are from.

I've listened to it once or twice and I'm surprised at the fact that there are no truly terrible songs on it, and there are about 5-7 songs that I honestly enjoy, and the rest is good enough. It's not a masterpiece, but it's not the overblown mess I anticipated.

I'm not sure I hear the Bon Jovi in it, but there's one song that really reminded me of Green Day, and there was a melody in their that was very Beatle-esque. In theme, it almost reminds me of The Wall.

i also think the new Killer's is one, of not THE worst record i've heard all year...

not that i liked the first one, but it's pretty enjoyable comparatively.

I am amazed how it flows............. :music

-robert.

I programmed an ipod playlist based off your tracklisting for it, it works perfectly. When Wilco opens up the archives, they need to come looking for you, Robert.

NP: 040728200435Wilco%20-%20A%20ghost%20is%20born.jpg

I am about to turn 21 and I am both terrified and excited at the same time, as usual this record understands everything.

--Mike

bob dylan

13 May: Los Angeles

Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35 / Shelter From The Storm / Union Sundown / Just Like A Woman / Drifter's Escape /

Tangled Up In Blue / She Belongs To Me / Love Minus Zero - No Limit (acoustic) / Little Moses (acoustic) / John

Brown (acoustic w band) / Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (acoustic w band) / Cat's In The Well / Idiot Wind / The

Times They Are A-Changin' (acoustic w band) / Highway 61 Revisited / Absolutely Sweet Marie / All Along The

Watchtower / Blowin' In The Wind (acoustic)

:rock

i also think the new Killer's is one, of not THE worst record i've heard all year...

not that i liked the first one, but it's pretty enjoyable comparatively.

I think there are 3 really good songs and the rest are basically mediocre. It doesn't suck, but it's not great.

the single might actually be the best song on the record, and it's not very good either.

Uncle Johnny = horrendous

their best song is called Under The Gun. def look for it if you haven't heard it.

Haven't heard it, but I'll look.

I think the best songs are "bones" (Which I think is the best, by far), "Sams Town", and the first single.