The Jewel In Your Vinyl Crown

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Velvets and Lou Reed lps signed by Lou(VU are reissues except Loaded)

The Beatles-The Early Beatles on Capitol(original and still one of my best sounding albums)

Big Star- Radio City

Jackie Gleason-Lonesome Echo-Salvador Dali's only record cover

Raspberries-Self Titled-Still has the scratch and sniff sticker which with enough weed still kinda smells like a raspberry

Windbreakers-All of em!

I'd love to get YHF on Vinyl...

I think my most prized one is a Portishead white label, limited to 200 copies I managed to get one in my record shop back in Wales... Only been played once :)

I've also got Armed Forces on vinyl that's got loads of postcards with it and folds out... that's cool to, though i bought it second hand and it's not great quality.

I'd love to get YHF on Vinyl...

I think my most prized one is a Portishead white label, limited to 200 copies I managed to get one in my record shop back in Wales... Only been played once :)

I've also got Armed Forces on vinyl that's got loads of postcards with it and folds out... that's cool to, though i bought it second hand and it's not great quality.

....And my Jamie T 7 inch :ninja

:P

Nah mate - keep it... My record player is currently living under the bed in the spare room. Its an big old 1970's one and just wont fit anywhere in the lounge!

Most of my vinyl is in pretty bad shape, honestly, especially those from the 'stay up all night' 80s.

Once during a discussion on VC I found out that I have a valuable copy of this album. Depending on the cover and pressing, this album is worth upwards of 7K. :shifty

vjintrlx.jpg

Once during a discussion on VC I found out that I have a valuable copy of this album. Depending on the cover and pressing, this album is worth upwards of 7K. :shifty

vjintrlx.jpg

OK, given the $7k, this should be on my list too (I do have a copy).

I also have a still-sealed copy of "Armed Forces" with the "Live at Hollywood High" single and the real Elvis at the El Mocambo album (only 500, promo only)

I used to have a great copy of this album:

66_thumb.jpg

Then the cover fell off one day (like it was glued on or something) and another cover was behind it, them dressed up as doctors or something playing around with dolls. I threw it away.

I used to have a great copy of this album:

66_thumb.jpg

Then the cover fell off one day (like it was glued on or something) and another cover was behind it, them dressed up as doctors or something playing around with dolls. I threw it away.

who wants an album with a destroyed cover?

Kind of Blue

Sgt, Pepper

Beatles 65

Beatles Second Album

Magical Mystery Tour

Original packaging for Concert For Bangladesh

I could go on. My Dad bequeathed upon me his record collection from 64-80 when he was quite the audiophile. When they retired and moved down south he gave me his record collection and his guitar. Haven't seen him since June, and can't wait for Christmas.

Thanks for a great thread.

Being There is nice to have too, although it doesn't sound as good as the CD, oddly enough.

The German 180 gram import sounds better. I got mine from ElusiveDisc dot Com it 30 bucks. Money well spent

My crown Jewels? I spend a lot of time collecting so without further adieu my top ten:

UK -1/-1 first press "Sgt. Peppers" Mono bought the day it came out.

UK Mono "Revolver" -2/-2 press (the matrix numbers were changed after one day of pressing because they decided to put a different mix of TNK after that first day's press run, so -2/-2 is for all intents and purposes the corrected 1st press)

UK 1st press Tube Cut mono CBS Orange textured Label "John Wesley Harding"

Bill Evans Riverside deep groove Mono 1st press of "Waltz for Debby"

Promo copy of Eddie Hazel's Dames "Games and Guitar Thangs"

Buffalo Springfield "Again" 1A/1A stereo

"Expecting to Fly" - Neil Young ie Buffalo Springfiled NM Atco orig Mono Single

"Everybody Knows This is Nowhere" - 1st press two tone W7 label

Led Zeppelin "II", RL cut 1st press

Hendrix "Cry of Love" Two Tone W7 1st press

C

The 45rpm single of:

05282414072.jpg

plus a Canadian pressing (rare here in Australia + immaculate condition) of:

neil_young-after_the_gold_rush-front.jpg

and a copy of Magical Mystery Tour from the World Record Club (could only find a pic of the back cover):\

lp-mmt01b.jpg