this is turning out to be the most exciting season of hockey theres ever been. the new rules have upped the game so much.

highlights: shanahan hitting 600... buffalo obliterating the east... predators winning the cup...

i pray VC has some hockey fans, because if so i may never log out again.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've watched a few games this season and the spirit of the games have been weak. between the new rules and the removal of teams from canada for places where ice is a rarity have kind of killed what made the NHL so great.

as for me, i've been watching more minor league hockey. i really don't like the new rules.

• 2 months later...
NHL on NBC--you arent going to get ratings when you have NY Rangers and Chicago Blackhawks on TV.

Both big markets, both with fans that still, for whatever bizarre and unjustifiable reasons, love those teams. I would like to see the actual ratings for that game and compare them to, say, a Columbus-Nashville matchup.

so back to the NHL, im loving what Sidney Crosby is doing, he is the best right now, no question.

I like the Nashville trade to get Forsberg although i dont think it will help them win the Cup.

NHL on NBC--you arent going to get ratings when you have NY Rangers and Chicago Blackhawks on TV.

i was a big sidney hater last year, but jesus this kid has blown my mind. i could care less about ovechkin now.

and i think nashville getting forsberg has definitely put the icing on the cake for us. i think this is our season. he has more playoff points than the entire team combined. so i think once the chemistry gets going and we get out of this little slump nothing will stop us.

and poor anaheim. at the beginning of the season they were the ones who i thought would win the cup. the the last few weeks they've just lost everything. lets hope they can get something going before the trade deadline.

GO PREDS!

columbus should not have a team. the blue joke-ettes are terrible.

i've been pulling for the third place sault st marie greyhounds in the ontario hockey league. they're behind the saginaw spirit, but i'd like to see them trounce them if only for the colbert report mentioning my team.

well the NBC game wasnt a great game and both teams arent that fun to watch. i would have rather seen the other game Caps v Pens (Ovechkin v Crosby) but since Im in midwest I got the Blackhawks game. but yes both big markets but not too many people in chicago care about the 'Hawks.

Im routing for the Predators but i think Detroit is really starting to play well. it all up for grabs when the playoffs start though.

in the NHL, isn't it still the case that almost everyone makes the playoffs?

Remarkably, my favorite team(s) somehow manage to dwell in the cellar year after year. What are these "playoffs" you speak of? Is this some strange code-word for what I refer to as "baseball season"?? :brow

since Im in midwest I got the Blackhawks game. but yes both big markets but not too many people in chicago care about the 'Hawks.

Are you kidding? NOBODY in Chicago cares about the Hawks. Thank you Bill Wirtz for that. They don't televise home games, charge as much for parking as they do at a Cubs game, and put a shitty team on the ice year after year after year.

Why the hell I'm still a fan, I don't know. Maybe I like the abuse.

Or maybe it's cuz between my Hawks and Cubs, I've got nearly 150 years of futility and that's something to laugh at.

In any case, before I moved, I broke down and spent the 150 bucks on NHL Center Ice this year and was absolutely loving it. Being able to come home from work and watch hockey every night is something I intend to do for this upcoming season as well. Awesome stuff.

In any case, before I moved, I broke down and spent the 150 bucks on NHL Center Ice this year and was absolutely loving it. Being able to come home from work and watch hockey every night is something I intend to do for this upcoming season as well. Awesome stuff.

yeah, i can't wait until next season when i have the money to order it. i only get a few predators games a week, and if i'm lucky they'll show a few games on versus. it kills me only getting a few games.

i too am a bruins fan since 1988 Stanley Cup finals. i was a big Bourque/Neely/Moog fan. plus i read a book on Bobby Orr and i styled my defenseman game after him.

Im a big WI Badgers fan and John Byce went to the Bruins in 1990 scored that goal ten seconds into the Cup game. awesome. Im a big Phil Kessel fan, he's from Madison WI, he had a great game last night.

but you are right, bruins fan watching the playoffs from the outside.

in the NHL, isn't it still the case that almost everyone makes the playoffs?

Yes, everyone except the Flyers.

hoping some rule changes brings back the old NHL, where you could hit a guy and not get a penalty.

You and me both. This basketball-on-skates crap is getting mighty old.

i too am a bruins fan since 1988 Stanley Cup finals. i was a big Bourque/Neely/Moog fan. plus i read a book on Bobby Orr and i styled my defenseman game after him.

Im a big WI Badgers fan and John Byce went to the Bruins in 1990 scored that goal ten seconds into the Cup game. awesome. Im a big Phil Kessel fan, he's from Madison WI, he had a great game last night.

but you are right, bruins fan watching the playoffs from the outside.

nice, I go back a bit farther than 1988, and i'm still waiting for my cup.

what ya think about Lewis as our coach ? i'm not thrilled with him, but the team isn't that good.

next year should be our year to make a move on up.

did anyone see the new nhl commercial they showed on versus tonight with all the players in the hotel?

i'm still crying from laughing so hard.

EDIT: its on youtube

Amazing commercial. I love it.

Great game for the Panthers tonight, but they lost. Ugh, this sucks. They outplayed them the whole game, but TB's goalie played incredibly.