btw: what happened to all the blackhawks fans? they are 28th out of the 30 teams in attendance and only average 12,771 fans. do they play their home games in a shoe box? is 12,000 a sell out? their draw is a little surprising to me in a city that size.

The Wirtz family has driven the fan base away. Despite putting a crappy product on the ice, ticket prices have gone up. Plus the Blackhawks are almost never on local tv, so the team has very little visibility. Sad for an Original 6.

I would love to see a realingment bringing back old conference and division names, e.g. the Norris, Smythe, etc.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wirtz family has driven the fan base away. Despite putting a crappy product on the ice, ticket prices have gone up. Plus the Blackhawks are almost never on local tv, so the team has very little visibility. Sad for an Original 6.

that sucks. i've always thought they had the best sweater in the NHL. i hope they turn it around.

well, if you just go by attendance, the lightning draw 19,786 a game vs. the panthers at 15,242. so, i guess you could assume that the panthers are the weak link in that state. plus, tampa just won the cup in 2004.

i really have no opinion on the predators moving. a team is a team at this point.

st. louis has the worst draw in the league at 12,177. what the hell is going on over there? if i had my choice, the blues would move a few hundred miles west. they were my first love anyway. would be nice to see them more often. no offense stl., but you have something we would love to have here in k.c. and you are just letting it twist in the wind.

Since 1967, The Blues have been right up there with Philly as far as a solid fanbase. Things started to unravel in 2003-4 when they fired Coach Quennville...then the lock out...then the selling off of key players for the pending sale of the team...missing the playoffs for the first time in 25 years...then the sale...then the new owners bump tix like 10% for a rebuilding team...however the team has drawn MUCH better since the Murray came on board, almost a sellout Saturday night.

JD will get this right and soon, and the fans believe this. With lots of cash to spend in the offseason, I really believe that we'll be a playoff contending team next year...Viva La Blue!!!

Since 1967, The Blues have been right up there with Philly as far as a solid fanbase. Things started to unravel in 2003-4 when they fired Coach Quennville...then the lock out...then the selling off of key players for the pending sale of the team...missing the playoffs for the first time in 25 years...then the sale...then the new owners bump tix like 10% for a rebuilding team...however the team has drawn MUCH better since the Murray came on board, almost a sellout Saturday night.

JD will get this right and soon, and the fans believe this. With lots of cash to spend in the offseason, I really believe that we'll be a playoff contending team next year...Viva La Blue!!!

i hope so, i became an NHL fan after attending a blues game many years ago and will always have a soft spot for that team.

• 2 months later...

bump! for...

the Stanley Cup friggin Final!

I think I'm supposed to cheer for Ottawa because they're the Canadian team, and apparently that is what you're supposed to do. But I'd like to see Teemu bag a cup. On the other hand, it would be nice to see the Sens win so that everybody will shut up about this "no team has won a cup with a European captain" thing.

The Preds are SOLD

To a guy that his itching to put another team in Southern Ontario. The Predators have a release clause in their lease that they can apparently trigger this June, due to low attendance again this year. On the other hand, I can't see the NHL bigwigs in NY going for another team in Southern Ontario. Not to mention that it would be mean realigning the conferences in a way that would add another team to the East, when they need more teams out West if they want to balance things geographically.

• 4 weeks later...

Bruins have chosen Julien as their new coach...yes, the same Julien who got fired from the Devil's last season with 5 regular season games left.

How I feel about this...I'm still undecided.

Bruins have chosen Julien as their new coach...yes, the same Julien who got fired from the Devil's last season with 5 regular season games left.

How I feel about this...I'm still undecided.

Julien is a great coach. Fact.

His firing in New Jersey was retarded. There is probably not a hockey analyst in the world that would have backed up that move. Julien made so much improvements on the Devils. Boston fans should count their lucky stars, not be undecided.

So the local Blue Jackets hire a small market assistant GM to run the sinking ship a week before the draft comes to town - guess I'll still give 'em a chance, but loooord this city needs at least a run at the playoffs next year.

Wow, the new jerseys look great. The prices for those things are gonna be outrageous though so I'll keep rocking my old kings jersey and laugh at the guys who spent 300+ dollars on a new jersey.