kicking television the dvd

lets start a petition to get it released.

(i bet all of you got excited at the tread title thinking it was going to be released.

Yeah thanks dude. :P. I'd love to see it eventually surface, but I doubt it will.

--Mike

Ah i didnt relise they did, well thats awesome If they have the footage then i guess theres no reason why they wouldnt want to release it, its very unlikely a petition would do much as its most likely up to the record company more so then the band themselves

no harm in trying i guess

Well, from what I remember, the company that took the footage and edited it together did a horrible job, according to the band. The band wanted the film to be re-edited, the company then just walked away. Where the footage is, I do not know.

I highly doubt a petition will get Wilco to release the DVD, especially now that we have Sunken Treasure...

i just got given an interview that jeff did in november with an internet buddy of mine and the question was asked.... its not online yet but jeff said it probably will come out in some point in time but it didnt feel right at the time. and that the band might do something sooner, rather than later

i just got given an interview that jeff did in november with an internet buddy of mine and the question was asked.... its not online yet but jeff said it probably will come out in some point in time but it didnt feel right at the time. and that the band might do something sooner, rather than later

Mende this might be the best news I've heard all day, granted it's only a half an hour into the day, but I'm pretty sure it will hold up. I'd love to see this surface, send it to JHamm, he'll fix everything up and give us bonus features too.

--Mike

Mende this might be the best news I've heard all day, granted it's only a half an hour into the day, but I'm pretty sure it will hold up. I'd love to see this surface, send it to JHamm, he'll fix everything up and give us bonus features too.

--Mike

i second that.

To tell you the truth, I would rather wait for them to put out a live dvd they are happy with after they release the next album rather than have them release lackluster footage just because, since that might lessen the chances of another live dvd. I think we should trust Tweedy & Co that the footage simply wasn't up to par, which tells us that they probably have a good idea of the kind of live dvd they would want to put out. Who knows, but one thing is for sure, they really need a good live dvd at this point, especially with this lineup.

yea as someone who forked over the extra cash to be "part of a dvd taping" and sat outside the vic for 6 hours i wouldnt mind seeing it released in some form.. especially as i often look back at those shows as the best concerts ive ever been to.

Yes Sam Jones filmed it. The footage felt "claustrophobic" (nothing to do with the editing btw) according to one interview that was posted here some months ago.

I would love to just get copies of all four shows....

Yes Sam Jones filmed it. The footage felt "claustrophobic" (nothing to do with the editing btw) according to one interview that was posted here some months ago.

I would love to just get copies of all four shows....

:yes. That would be excellent.

--Mike

i wouldnt mind seeing the complete 8 mar 2001 solo show thats featured on the Break your heart dvd

This brings up something I feel very strongly about: Bands/artists only choose to give us a little taste of something that we fans would LOVE to see in its entirety. I'm referring mainly to the recent boxset from The Band, which included a DVD with 2 extra songs from the Festival Express tour and one song from the Rock of Ages concerts, which they apparently videotaped. I'd pay good money to see the entire Rock of Ages concert on DVD. How awesome that would be.

i wouldnt mind seeing the complete 8 mar 2001 solo show thats featured on the Break your heart dvd

I think Sam Jones taped all of the June 29 and 30th, 2001 Minneapolis shows and probably got the majority if not all of the Summerfest and Grant Park shows also. I'd love to see all of that surface eventually maybe Nonesuch will put out a massive reissue of Foxtrot on it's tenth anniversary and we'll get a chance. Just planting seeds guys...

--Mike